Roll Call: Legend 3/1 & 3/8/10

Kate-AHF

FInal payment mailed and countdown under 100 days now - and I know there is at least one CC member on board. It may be the holidays...,but the only thing I seem to be able to stay focused on is....the Caribbean with Seabourn in March.

I'd love to share the excitment!

Hi Kate-AHF

My husband, Dave and I will be on the Legend for your first week. We sailed on her in September and had a fantastic time so we are getting excited too! I am looking forward to Christmas first, then bring on the Caribbean! It's our first time there so we are hoping for fantastic weather.

Margaret

What fun! Looking forward to meeting Margaret and Dave, Naveron, and Peter and Lin!

Peter, we did the Panama/Belize trip in January 08 - and had a wonderful time. There is a picture of us sitting in the Veranda Cafe while going through the canal that my husband Don still has as his wallpaper on his computer. We shared our Panama locks with the Coral Behemoth. She blocked out the sun.

Naveron, we have never been to Antigua. I've contacted a private guide for an all-day tour that was recommended to me and am waiting to hear back. How did you find Antigua, and what did you enjoy while there?

I'm also looking into renting a golf cart for Turks and Caicos. Margaritaville, from all accounts, just doesn't sound enticing to us. But a ride up to the lighthouse, and a stop at the small, but well-thought-of museum, sounded like a nice afternoon. We look to be the only ship in port that day, and I noticed they've given us an extra hour, we are now there from 1 to 7pm.

90 days now.

Kate

Kate, I have been to Antigua twice and I highly recommend Nelson's Dockyard and English Harbour if you can. To me. that's the best of Antigua. If you want to do some time on the beach, then Dickenson's Bay is fairly close to St John.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Forty days out and the cruise docs box just arrived!

Still trying to convince the Director of the Grand Turks Museum to either stay open for us or accept a donation for a private tour.

Booked a private tour in St. Kitts, with lunch at Rawlins Plantation.

Confirmed a tour in Antigua - with the stops you mention Naveron. Plus a beach stop with lunch at Turner's Beach.

Booked a table at the Wall House in St. Barts.

Cabbing it to Pinel Islet in St. Martin. I'm hoping for a nice day here - cruisecal says that the Behemoth of the Seas is NOT due in Sint Maarten the day we visit which will hopefully keep the crowds down.

ITravelNow's blog has me interested in maybe purchasing a netbook to keep in touch with loved ones stateside. Always refused to travel with a laptop before (just one more heavy thing to lug around and worry about - but the netbooks are just 2.5 #).

I await that moment on Deck 8, as we sail away from FLL....champagne glass clutched in hand....feeling all the stress and worry float away on the evening breeze. Priceless!

Hoping we get the chance to visit with all of you on this trip.....

Kate

That all sounds great. I am wondering about Guadeloupe this time and what to do. Last time, we went to Grand Anse beach and then had lunch in the town. Not sure if any of the tours appeals to me. If anybody has any ideas: please share.

• 4 weeks later...

Jane

I had an e-mail from David E. yesterday ~he agreed to take the Cruise Director's position. The Legend received a whopping 9.61 out of a 10 rating for the previous 14 day sailing. He is on "cloud 9!":p

I'm hoping Chairsin will post a review of their voyage ~~

Cheers!

Martita B.

David E. has more days on Seabourn than any other Sailor ~~he is truly a great singer/performer! Does Nat King Cole better than Nat King Cole!:D

Not only will you enjoy David E. but Capt. Erik L. Anderssen. Erik brought out the Pride back in Nov., 1988 ~~ask him to tell the story of that TA Crossing ~~~very interestering:eek:

I did hear a 'lit rumor that Luca transferred from the Pride to the Legend recently~~

Have fun!

MB

I am also boarding in Ft. Lauderdale on March 1st, with two nights previous at the Atlantic Hotel. Only doing the one cruise, unfortunately, but I look forward to meeting those of you on the Legend that week. I am traveling single and look forward to meeting all of you.

Sally

• 2 weeks later...

Great trip to you all...we are hoping that you leave some of the goodies for us..on the 25th..and..that you don't tire out the great crew..so that we get them fresh! Just kidding..have a wonderful time..which is the Seabourne way. :)

Archived