Prices on Solstice?

jcastro1202

Hi everyone. My fiance and I are sailing on the March 21st sailing of the Solstice. This will be our honeymoon and our first time on Celebrity. I'm a little worried about the onboard prices and budgeting for this cruise. Can any of you help me out by giving me some idea as to the prices of the specialty restaurants, drinks, or any other extra charges that we might incur.

Your help is greatly appreciated!:D

Drinks are about the same on all cruise lines, specialty rest's range from $20 to $35 PP I believe, Celeb just raised their prices. One thing that was high priced when we were on was souvineers. $20-25 for a tee shirt, $50 for a sweatshirt(not embroidered). Then again we were on for the pre inaug so they may have been priced for that.

Drinks are about the same on all cruise lines, specialty rest's range from $20 to $35 PP I believe, Celeb just raised their prices. One thing that was high priced when we were on was souvineers. $20-25 for a tee shirt, $50 for a sweatshirt(not embroidered). Then again we were on for the pre inaug so they may have been priced for that.

Thank you. We just booked on Friday and just started our research on Celebrity. We didn't even think of cruising with Celebrity before because we just assumed their prices were out of our reach. We received an email last week with a sale on balcony cabins with onboard credits and jumped on the opportunity. The Solstice looks so beautiful and we can't wait to get on her. Now I just want to make sure that we take enough money for onboard expenses.;)

Hi everyone. My fiance and I are sailing on the March 21st sailing of the Solstice. This will be our honeymoon and our first time on Celebrity. I'm a little worried about the onboard prices and budgeting for this cruise. Can any of you help me out by giving me some idea as to the prices of the specialty restaurants, drinks, or any other extra charges that we might incur.

Your help is greatly appreciated!:D

Let's see... I found most of the wines by the glass to range from $6 to $9 a glass... most of the ones we liked were actually on the low end. A bottle of Riesling was $47 and that is a rip off when you are paying $6 a glass! SO... only made that mistake once. They have GREAT beer specials at the Sunset Bar and our beer drinkers of the group all agreed it was the biggest pour for the buck too. Not sure the prices but not bad. We are specialty coffee drinkers and my cafe mocha was almost $4 a day. I love it... so I pay. We don't buy ANY souvenirs onboard. We have cruised way too long to buy almost anything. NOW... for you, you may be looking at purchasing photos. These are expensive and run about $19 a sheet. A TIP!!! Wait until the second to last night and they run a special... 3 sheets for the price of 2. If you have several photos you want, this saves money. We don't buy photos anymore or have them taken, but you may want to.

We only went to one specialty restaurant onboard, the Tuscan Grill, and it was only $20pp I think... could have been $25. I don't remember because our friends took us as a gift. It was excellent. BUT... that said, I rarely eat in the specialty restaurants so those don't add to my bill. We have WAY too much fun in the dining room to care about it much.

You will have tips... You can find out how much yours are going to be on the Celebrity website. Usually this is all that is on our bill... tips and happy hour charges (sometimes it's worse than others):D We drink heavily at happy hour... and with tips I would say our bill at the end is around $500.

If you are spa people, that stuff is EXPENSIVE and not worth how much extra it is... just my opinion. There are also a few fitness classes that cost money; yoga and spin class.

Have a blast! We have sailed many different lines and do not find Celebrity any more expensive.

We thought drinks were quite expensive - while there are glasses of wine from $6 to $8, there are also a lot that cost a lot more - glasses of good Chardonnay or Cabernet at $11 or $12 or so. Plus 15%, of course.

Then my wife discovered a perfectly good Malbec at $6 a glass, and we were happy thereafter!

Is wine available by the glass in the MDR on Solstice? As noted above, say the wine is $49 a bottle but they are only charging $6 a glass, it might be a better deal.

Yes, and as OP noted, prices are in the $6-9 range (plus automatic 15% gratuty). Also, for the original poster, be sure to include tips and taxes on teh cabin in your calculus. Pre-paid tips run $11.50 per person per day (a bit more if you are in a suite or cc I believe). Speciality restaurants (as of Oct) as I recall were $35 for Murano, $25 for Tuscan, and $20 for Silk Harvest. I'd say Murano and Tuscan are well worth it, Silk Harvest is questionable (unless Asian is a special treat for you), but a nice break from the MDR if you are on a long cruise.

I found the glasses to be a good deal. I loved their Riesling. If you have something specific you want, yes... the bottle wine list is great... BUT, for just a glass here and there, you can't go wrong by the glass. I travel ALL over and didn't find their glass prices to be that bad.

I'm not so sure that buying wine by the glass in the MDR is that much of a bargain. Some evenings we bought by the glass, and I felt the 'glasses' were not very generous; it might well be that there's not much difference in the eventual cost of a bottle's worth by the glass. Whereas I felt (without, I admit, any real evidence other than my impression) that the pours were more generous in the bars, especially the outdoors bars - we drank at the Sunset bar frequently. This could be because the 'glasses' there weren't real wine glasses, but going by the length of time they took to drink they seemed bigger than the glasses we got in the MDR.

(I have to say that it seems odd not getting a standard amount in a glass. Here in the UK a 'glass of wine' is always either 175ml or 250ml; they're served in different-sized glasses with markings to indicate the measure. You know exactly how much you're buying.)

I found the glasses to be a good deal. I loved their Riesling. If you have something specific you want, yes... the bottle wine list is great... BUT, for just a glass here and there, you can't go wrong by the glass. I travel ALL over and didn't find their glass prices to be that bad.

We had the reisling and enjoyed it too;).. Hylasgirl, you and others mention the sunset bar often. Is that what on the Solstice deck plans is called the Oceanside Bar? I know on the Summit we loved that outdoor spot for snacks and "happy hour" time.

Archived