~ Past Guest Pins ~ VIP or Gift Shop???

joebat1

It would be nice as the cruiselines cut back on freebies if they'd offer them in their shops for a profit instead of just doing away with them for the guests (and they are all past guests) that have long collected or looked forward certain amenities.

Our family of 3 got the pins on the Ecstasy last month. None of the other past guests in our group got the pins, but they all did get invites to the party.

Our 4 year old isn't platinum, but DH and I are, and I think our steward just gave him one so he wouldn't be left out. They were buds. :)

I checked the gift shop. As of last month, they had nothing for sale.

It would be nice as the cruiselines cut back on freebies if they'd offer them in their shops for a profit instead of just doing away with them for the guests (and they are all past guests) that have long collected or looked forward certain amenities.

I agree. I like to collect the pins as souveniers of each of our cruises. I am a platinum cruiser with Carnival and wouldn't mind paying $3-5 for them if necessary. Just don't do away with them.

Has anyone seen the past guest (wales-tail pins) in the gift shops & if yes how much is Carnival charging????

I've seen where some ships are giving Platinum members the pins free ~~!!~~

Hey Joe.

We got our Triumph "funnel pins" (as Platinum members) last week.

But the BIG NEWS is....

the gift shop had FUNNEL PINS....but they were B I G (not the normal size of a funnel pin).

I did not see the gold ones that some of the gift shops sell....and this was the first time I had seen a FUNNEL PIN (although OVER SIZED in the gift shop.

Sorry I did not price them...

Joe,

I will be on the Triumph next month if you want me to pick you up one from the Gift shop.

John did state recently on his blog that ALL the ships should soon be available in the gift shop. He was going to check to see if it also included the retired ships.

Dave

Thanks Dave, that is very kind of you, but I don't think I am going to collect the new gift shop pins at this time. If you count all the major varieties plain, single name, double names, and the dated 2000 and 2001, there are 61 distinctly different past guest/VIP funnel pins. If one counts the gold cameo ship pin, the gold silhouettes, the new gift shop funnel pins and the various "special" pins Carnival has produced, the number exceeds 200 which is pushing the envelope to new levels of un-collect-ability in my opinion. I guess we can have pin swap meets the first Saturday of each cruise aka WDW ~~!!~~

Thanks Linda, I think the new gift shop funnel pins are $ 4.95. The Dream did not have the gold colored pins either, but a plain pewter pin in it's place.

This period of time reminds me of 2000 when there was much discussion if Carnival was going to start putting each year on the pins past 2000. Carnival teased us when in fact they put 2001 on the pins the next year, only to disappoint everyone when Carnival dropped the practice in 2002 ~~!!~~

we were just on a carnival cruise in october and we were told that carnival does not do the cruise pins anymore and there were none for sale in the gift shop, HOWEVER, we were told to call Carnival Guest Services when we got home and they would send us all our past pins we were missing. Sure enough, about a week later we received an envelope with our 9 pins we had lost! free of charge~!!!!!

the only pin Carnival couldnt get was the Jubilee since that ship is out of service now.......so we can get it on Ebay I am sure...

we love Carnival!!!!!!!:D

We took our second cruise this past December on Carnival Valor. This was our first time on the Valor. I asked Guest relations for a past guest pin for my son. They gave me one for him, no questions asked ! They were selling them in the gift shop for $14.95 piece.

Thank you Carnival Valor and cruise critic for telling me about these pins!!!!

Just checked my son's and it is gold trimmed...

Charleyann

Archived