Haunted Dining Room????

AFT_LOVER

A friend who just returned off Millenium laughed at my green glow in the toilet from 2-6AM everyday & had to outdo me with her haunted dining room on Millenium. Crew was telling them stories of people appearing as they were cleaning or while they are setting up. Many new recruits flipped out. But they are not hurting anyone & are visible during dinner if a diner is quite interesting to them.

Anyone else hear or see the ghostly cruisers. Something about the panels of the dining room from a very old liner (forget name) but don';t get the ghosts involved. I want to book her next to check it out................

Just had to answer this one! My theory is that the Haunted Dining Room and Light in the Toilet are the new selling points for X, now that Cirque has flopped.

Can't wait to see the ghosts...sailing on the Summit on 2-07.

Grace

The MILLENNIUM features panelling from the White Star liner OLYMPIC (1907-1935) in its specialty restaurant. I cant comment on the ghost sightings...although I do hope the "sightings" werent caused by the food...

She was just up in my office giving my a UPS box she intercepted so it wasn't stolen. I read her your post & she screamed YES THAT IS IT - OLYMPIC!

Guess a slow night, with very bad wave action had many many sicko that don't bring sea sick pills with them. Their tablee of friends got a kick out of the talk with Matre D, waiters even other diners. The Matre D told them the history of the room & then about the ghosts that they have seen. So far none wanted to dine with them as yet but if your desert is gone, don't hit your husband since it may be one of them.

I am facinated with the story & would dine there to get more on this.

As far as the green glow it is for real........... M Class ships from 2-6AM on Connie that I asked the Captain at his meeting with passengers what it was. His Asst answered that it is when they scour the pipes at night to clean out the garbage from showers, sinks, toilets, that can make a stink in the drains. He added it is brighter at 2AM than 6AM & sometimes may be done at 5AM from the flush of the ocean thru the pipes.

Granted it is only in a pitch dark bathroom, which I was entertained at 2AM going in shutting the door with no lights & picking up the lid & yell for my husband. Funny that the day after the theatre filled with folks some who saw it & others who couldn't wait to see it & find me to tell me they saw it.

The MILLENNIUM features panelling from the White Star liner OLYMPIC (1907-1935) in its specialty restaurant. I cant comment on the ghost sightings...although I do hope the "sightings" werent caused by the food...

If that is seawater, then it could actually be plankton giving off the glow. Many give off a green fluorescence when agitated (as in stirred, not mad). Its quite a sight when you're scuba diving and you get a bunch of green flecks of light coming of the fins of the person ahead of you!

the word PLANKTON. I forgot it to explain what I was told. YEAH! You are exactly correct & it is truly a sight in the dark every night to see. Of course folks told me it was reflection off the hallway lights. Then this Asst Officer stood up and spit out the plankton story. It works as I never smell an fowl odor in the stateroom bathroom. With all the frightened folks watching everything shift for 3 nights on Connie, as well as many we never saw for days at dinner, they had some fun in the bathroom. Like we were members of a some club aboard the ship.........

If that is seawater, then it could actually be plankton giving off the glow. Many give off a green fluorescence when agitated (as in stirred, not mad). Its quite a sight when you're scuba diving and you get a bunch of green flecks of light coming of the fins of the person ahead of you!

Archived