I Need Your Prayers

Pokeynose

Just talked to a Nurse in the Oncologist's office. No test results yet but they made an appt. for me next Wed. morning. Maybe I'll beable to find something out by then or there will be hell to pay. I'll post again when and if I find something out. Thanks again. Barb

Pokey -- I will probably be on board the Maasdam by the time you get the results. But I am rooting for you for positive results. Take care and I will check back when I get back. (I don't do the internet on board due to my stressful job -- so I just 'disappear' so to speak)

Thoughts and prayers are with you. Would you please let us know when you get the results? Thank you.

I sure will. I feel like such a winer. I know there are others worse off than me. I actually volunteered on the oncology floor for 4 yrs., had to take classes before I could and I saw so much there that brought me to my knees, especially the children so I'm going to not complain anymore until I find out what's what. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers. Barb

I sure will. I feel like such a winer. I know there are others worse off than me. I actually volunteered on the oncology floor for 4 yrs., had to take classes before I could and I saw so much there that brought me to my knees, especially the children so I'm going to not complain anymore until I find out what's what. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers. Barb

As usual Barb, your attitude amazes me!! It is amazing what we can go through when we think of others worse off than ourselves:)

I look at it this way, IF it were bad news, they'd have called you in the first 48-72 hours.

Fingers and toes are still crossed for you and hubby and prayers being said constantly!! I even contacted an old internet friend, a 92 year old retired Nun living in Nebraska and asked her to add you to her prayers. Sister Margaret Sutton sent me an email last night and said you are being prayed for by more than she can count:D

Joanie

• 2 weeks later...
I've been checking in from time to time as well, hoping for good news! Hopefully you're too busy celebrating to come back here and post.

Smooth Sailing! :):):)

I posted the other day with good news. No Cancer. I have ITP, another poster explained it to me. I have to get my platelet numbers up, taking insulin 3 times a day because of the Prednisone and also a higher dosage of Prednisone which will decrease as my numbers climb, they really hit bottom. This has left me very tired but I know it will get better.

I thank you for asking. So many people here keep checking in, it warms my heart. Now on to the Christmas Season and the Birth of Christ. I know I owe him a lot.Barb

I posted the other day with good news. No Cancer. I have ITP, another poster explained it to me. I have to get my platelet numbers up, taking insulin 3 times a day because of the Prednisone and also a higher dosage of Prednisone which will decrease as my numbers climb, they really hit bottom. This has left me very tired but I know it will get better.

I thank you for asking. So many people here keep checking in, it warms my heart. Now on to the Christmas Season and the Birth of Christ. I know I owe him a lot.Barb

we pray for you. Put your trust in the Lord.:) We all owe him alot. Quite a life we live, indeed!

• 3 weeks later...

Just back home a few days ago and SOOO glad to hear your news is better than feared and that you are on the road to recovery. I prayed for you all through our cruise and wondered.... Now my prayers will continue for you during your program to full health. Happy New Year!! and Blessings from New Mexico, Maureen

Just back home a few days ago and SOOO glad to hear your news is better than feared and that you are on the road to recovery. I prayed for you all through our cruise and wondered.... Now my prayers will continue for you during your program to full health. Happy New Year!! and Blessings from New Mexico, Maureen

Welcome home Maureen!!! Hoe you likeing the snow that came while yourwere cruising the warmer climes?? And the new snow we are supposed to get today?

Joanie

I taught with a teacher who had been diagnosed with ITP for 9 years before I retired. She had to get blood tests routinely and she told me there are several different meds that are available now to help control it. Good luck to you and God Bless!

Welcome home Maureen and thank you very much for your thoughts and prayers. I hope you enjoyed your cruise. I'm patiently awaiting our cruise the end of Jan. It's so cold here and going to get colder.

sylteach, I am getting bloodwork done every week but the numbers are going downward, will see that happens this week. I'm just taking it one day at a time. Of course being on prednisone makes me want to eat the paint off the walls. Thanks for caring. Barb:)

Archived