Oasis Nusery Pix

bajathree

Thanks for these pics. As I am traveling on the Oasis 12/5 sailing with my 1 y.o. daughter, I have done extensive research on the nursery and have become frustrated with the seeming lack of attention paid to this area of the Oasis. I understand completely that to most cruisers, the nursery is not all that important. But to those of us that are traveling with young ones, it is VERY important.

My first inquiry to ask about the details via RCCLs online contact form came back with a response that there was no nursery on board... Despite the fact that there was info to the contrary on the Oasis website. When I called to follow up on the erroneous respnse, I was told there was no one to direct it to.

Next, RCCL posted on their website that reservations would need to be made online prior to sailing and that each child was only allowed 12 hours in the nursery. Unfortunately, there is no online capability for booking at this time. Many calls to RCCL later, I finally talked with someone on the C&A line that contacted the right manager and the "book online now" directive was removed. (When we first spoke, she was also not aware a nursery even existed.)

I am told the cost for the nursery will be $8 per hour. Not a bargain considering RCCL has always offered in room babysitting for $10 per hour for one child.

When the nursery buzz first began, rumor was that it would be free. I think this would have been nice considering the under 3 age group is charged as any other 3rd or 4th passager and really does not have any age-specific free activities. As adults, there are many "no additional cost" options for activities and enertainment and for the 3 and up kids, RCCL has also done a great job providing lots to do and see. My one year old is barely on table food and certainly not going to eat $1300 worth of food on our sailing. I understand the charge is about taking up the space but a few free hours in the nursery would have been a nice gesture.

^People were debating this on the Family Board as well. Totally understand that a few free hours would be nice when the little ones are being charged the same as the bigger kids getting to use Adventure Ocean for free, etc.

That being said, they probably just went with the majority and Carnival and Disney both charge for their nursery and people pay it so why not make more money!

I would have loved this option when my little one was younger. We did the in cabin babysitting and had just an 'ok' experience. Paying $2 an hour less for a group setting would have actually made me MORE at ease.

You seem to be one of the first going with plans to use the Nursery, I hope you share your experiences with all of us!

Archived