folkestone park and paynes bay

alert

I would like to snorkel from shore.

From what I gather, the best chance to see the turtles is at paynes bay. Is that right?

Does folkestone park offer more for snorkelers than paynes bay? How long is the walk between folkestone park and paynes bay? Should I visit both?

thanks

Has anyone been here? I was wondering just how good the snorkeling is and if it is possible to see turtles from here. Are there boats that go out from here? Are there lockers to leave things. Also, are there facilities here like snack bar, restrooms, etc.

We really enjoy snorkeling and are trying to figure out the best place to go. Not really sure if we want to do a catamaran snorkel trip as we would like time to just relax on the beach.

Thanks

Folkstone: I have been snorkeled all the best spots in Caribbean, and I think that Folkstone offfers decent for offshore snorkeling. I don't know if there is locker for rent because we did not use it. We just left our stuffs under the tree. There is an area to rinse off but again we don't know about restroom facilities.

Payne has better facilities, it is not far from Folkstone. We saw turtles there and also sting ray.

There was boat tour offered at both places but we were just fine snorkeling right off the beach. You can easily do both, get to Folkstone first to snorkel, then head back to Payne for lunch, sun bathing and swim out to excursion boat to see turtles.

MTV

Folkstone: I have been snorkeled all the best spots in Caribbean, and I think that Folkstone offfers decent for offshore snorkeling. I don't know if there is locker for rent because we did not use it. We just left our stuffs under the tree. There is an area to rinse off but again we don't know about restroom facilities.

Payne has better facilities, it is not far from Folkstone. We saw turtles there and also sting ray.

There was boat tour offered at both places but we were just fine snorkeling right off the beach. You can easily do both, get to Folkstone first to snorkel, then head back to Payne for lunch, sun bathing and swim out to excursion boat to see turtles.

MTV

Is it walkable from Folkstone to Payne's or is there a bus or best to take taxi from one to the other? Did you think the snokeling was better at Folkstone? I think we were at Payne's a couple of years ago. A taxi dropped us off and the beach had a Monkey Bar and the beach was crowded with people. Unfortunately, it started to rain quite hard and we didn't get a chance to try the snorkeling out. When you go out on the boat do they have a place for you to put your things or do you just leave them on the beach, (except for your valuables). Thanks.

Can you get to Folkstone by bus from the cruise ship terminal and back? Many thanks.

Is it walkable from Folkstone to Payne's or is there a bus or best to take taxi from one to the other? Did you think the snokeling was better at Folkstone? I think we were at Payne's a couple of years ago. A taxi dropped us off and the beach had a Monkey Bar and the beach was crowded with people. Unfortunately, it started to rain quite hard and we didn't get a chance to try the snorkeling out. When you go out on the boat do they have a place for you to put your things or do you just leave them on the beach, (except for your valuables). Thanks.

Can you get to Folkstone by bus from the cruise ship terminal and back? Many thanks.

I don't know how far is a walk between Payne's and Folkstone but I am sure there are buses stop at both places from/to cruise ship terminal. When we were about to leave Folkstone, a couple arrived and told us that they spent the morning at Paynes', they rode the bus. A taxi would cost you more, but since we had a large group, so it was more convenient for us to take taxi.

If you want to snorkel, then Folkstone. At Paynes', there is beach bar, chair/umbrella for rent. There is no coral at Paynes, so you won't see many marine life except turtle and occasionally you run into school of squid and one or two rays.

We did not take any tour boat, we were just fine snorkeling off the beach. The coral is not far from shore.

MTV

Folkstone is the ideal place to snorkle .Paynes Bay is for turtles only .

You can swim from the shore in Paynes Bay ,but there a lot of activities around you ,and you have to be careful of passing boats .Folkstone would be the best bet .You cannot walk from Paynes Bay to Folkstone it is about 4 miles apart . Go by taxi to be sure of catch the local bus.

Starboy

Group Corodinator.

Thank you so much for your good information. Is it possible to take the bus to Folkstone from the cruise ship terminal and back? Where would you go to find the bus that goes there and how much does it cost? Will they take US dollars? Thanks

Archived