Miami port parking charges and alternatives

dhay

Hi We live in Ft myers Fl and we are leaving to Miami tomorrow to go on the Navigator 5 night. I just realized parking at the port has a 20$ per day fee. Are there any safe alternatives to this? We don't cruise often so I am not familiar with options and I want to make sure it a secure, safe, and quick one since we need to get back quickly Saturday to pick up our dogs in Ft myers by noon from the vet where they are boarding.

TIA for any insight!

dhay, I had the same thought...we are going on a b2b2b out of miami on the NOS...that was 280 for parking my car, plus, the hour and a half it takes to get there, and the gas, and hassle. The limo costs aprox. 320 round trip...door to door service. I figure it is worth the extra money to take a limo and just relax before the cruise...plus the driver loads and unloads all the bags...sounds like a deal to me.

You also could look into bus service. I know on the East coast there is a service, right to the docks from my area, however I don't know about Ft. Myers. Do a search on bus transportation to Port of Miami and see what comes up...the fair for me was 75 dollars, and there are two of us...that was one way...so I figure taking the limo is still more luxuarious...that was we will really be relaxed before we board the ship. If you decide to stay at the port...you will be home in time for your appointment and you will also be realitively safe there..

I hope this helps.

Enjoy your cruise.

Rev

It's likely a bit late for this option, but you can book a pre-night hotel in the port city that includes your parking during the cruise. Plus you can relax knowing that you are relatively near the pier the night before. Enjoy the pool, have a nice dinner, stay overnight, get up and go to the ship the next morning and be one of the first to board. Check out parksleepfly dot com. Some offer a shuttle to the ship, and just grab a taxi back to the hotel after your cruise. An example of an upcoming rate is: Hilton Garden Inn (airport) for $129/nt. double occupancy, and it includes 30 days of parking.

dhay, I had the same thought...we are going on a b2b2b out of miami on the NOS...that was 280 for parking my car, plus, the hour and a half it takes to get there, and the gas, and hassle. The limo costs aprox. 320 round trip...door to door service. I figure it is worth the extra money to take a limo and just relax before the cruise...plus the driver loads and unloads all the bags...sounds like a deal to me.

You also could look into bus service. I know on the East coast there is a service, right to the docks from my area, however I don't know about Ft. Myers. Do a search on bus transportation to Port of Miami and see what comes up...the fair for me was 75 dollars, and there are two of us...that was one way...so I figure taking the limo is still more luxuarious...that was we will really be relaxed before we board the ship. If you decide to stay at the port...you will be home in time for your appointment and you will also be realitively safe there..

I hope this helps.

Enjoy your cruise.

Rev[/quote

If your cruise is long enough, it may pay to rent a car and drop it near the Miami airport--their shuttle will take you to the ship. Then you can rent again for the trip home. If possible, try to rent your car in the Ft. Myers area at a site away from the airport. You'll save big $$.

Archived