Tour guides at the dock?

terryde

Has anyone gone with a tour guide at the dock, not reserved in advance? We are thinking of taking a tour (esp. interested in Bodden town, because we haven't been that direction) for a couple of hours and then dropped off at 7 mile. Any idea of cost? We were hoping about $20 each for 2 of us.

Has anyone gone with a tour guide at the dock, not reserved in advance? We are thinking of taking a tour (esp. interested in Bodden town, because we haven't been that direction) for a couple of hours and then dropped off at 7 mile. Any idea of cost? We were hoping about $20 each for 2 of us.

The Caymans is one port that I will tell anyone you really don't have to book a ship tour,but wait until you get off the boat.

When you get off the ship, there are tours for 7 mile beach,stingray city,heil,etc. The vendors cost are reasonable. You have to wait for a bus to fill if you are heading to the beach. You can arrange for that driver to come back at a certain time or often at the popular ones there are taxis there. If you are going to out of the way beach, make sure the driver will come back.

Give yourself plenty of time to return to the port,esp when there's more than two ships in port because the traffic is really bad and can bottleneck.

The Caymans is one port that I will tell anyone you really don't have to book a ship tour,but wait until you get off the boat.

When you get off the ship, there are tours for 7 mile beach,stingray city,heil,etc. The vendors cost are reasonable. You have to wait for a bus to fill if you are heading to the beach. You can arrange for that driver to come back at a certain time or often at the popular ones there are taxis there. If you are going to out of the way beach, make sure the driver will come back.

Give yourself plenty of time to return to the port,esp when there's more than two ships in port because the traffic is really bad and can bottleneck.

Thank you. Your reply answers a question we have had for a long time. We are going to be taking a diving excursion in the morning which is supposed to return around 12:00. We were hoping to find a tour that would take us to Stingray City, but we haven't been able to find any operations that show a time that would work for us. So, we've wondered if possibly there would be tour operators at the pier that may offer trips out to Stingray City. It seems from your post that we may have some hope. We'd be happy with just a trip out to the sandbar to interact with the stingrays and then straight back to the pier, but I don't know if we'll find any that do just that as opposed to combining the trip with some other stops for snorkeling (which would cut down on the time). We just really want to have the Stingray City experience.

Thank you. Your reply answers a question we have had for a long time. We are going to be taking a diving excursion in the morning which is supposed to return around 12:00. We were hoping to find a tour that would take us to Stingray City, but we haven't been able to find any operations that show a time that would work for us. So, we've wondered if possibly there would be tour operators at the pier that may offer trips out to Stingray City. It seems from your post that we may have some hope. We'd be happy with just a trip out to the sandbar to interact with the stingrays and then straight back to the pier, but I don't know if we'll find any that do just that as opposed to combining the trip with some other stops for snorkeling (which would cut down on the time). We just really want to have the Stingray City experience.

What time is your ship leaving the Caymans? The reason that I ask this because if your ship is leaving at 3 p.m. or 4 p.m., it will be really tight. To get to the area of Stingray City, the vendors drive you about 15 to 20 minutes to the dock area and then it's at least 25 to 30 minutes to that area. Now my times may be off, but I wouldn't try to do Stingray city unless my ship was leaving rather late like 5 p.m. or 6 p.m. Also,pending on what time and how many ships are in port, you might want to pre arrange the Stingray tour when you get to shore prior to your first tour. If your ship is the only one in port rather late, it's possible that fewer vendors will be offering tours later in the day.

I hope this help

What time is your ship leaving the Caymans? The reason that I ask this because if your ship is leaving at 3 p.m. or 4 p.m., it will be really tight. To get to the area of Stingray City, the vendors drive you about 15 to 20 minutes to the dock area and then it's at least 25 to 30 minutes to that area. Now my times may be off, but I wouldn't try to do Stingray city unless my ship was leaving rather late like 5 p.m. or 6 p.m. Also,pending on what time and how many ships are in port, you might want to pre arrange the Stingray tour when you get to shore prior to your first tour. If your ship is the only one in port rather late, it's possible that fewer vendors will be offering tours later in the day.

I hope this help

Our ship leaves at 4:00 p.m. By any chance is the dock area near Sea Grape Beach? That is where we will be dropped off after our first tour. Pre-arranging the Stingray tour before our first tour would be a really good idea. We'll get there with some extra time in the morning before our first tour so we could easily do that. However, if it seems like there won't be enough time to squeeze it in, we'll just have to save it for our next visit (seems like a good reason to plan another visit ;)). We were also interested in taking a short tour to some of the highlights so maybe we can find someone to do that for us instead. Thanks for the suggestions.

Archived