First Cruise - Carnival Sensation in 25 Days!

skidoogirl1853

Hello! I am new to the board and new to cruising! We are surprising our two daughters with a 4 night cruise to the Bahamas for Christmas! And then we leave right after Christmas! :D They have been dying to go on a cruise forever, and we can't wait to see their faces when they find out on Christmas morning!

So I have so many questions! This board is great and full of advice! I'm sure I will get all the help I need. So......

In Freeport, has anyone done the Wyndham day or should we just to to get to the beach on our own? Since I'm new at this, I was leaning toward the boat sponsored excursion. Also, is the transportation from the boat to the Wynham included if you book through Carnival?

Does anyone have insider tips for Sensation? Any great spots to sit for dinner or a pre-dinner cocktail? Any suggestions for good food on board?

Atlantis? - I know it will be Disney in another part of the world but I can't see going all the way there and not seeing it with the kids. The excursions are confusing and it looks like the aquadventure is only available with a dolphin day. We have done that. I just want to be able to use the beach and the pools. Does the beach day pass give you access to the pools? We will probably not use the waterslides, but I want to be able to get in all the pools and beaches.

Thank you all for your help! I can't wait to go! I'm sure I will have many more questions to come

We were on the Sensation over Thanksgiving weekend for the 3 night cruise and I am in the middle of writing a very detailed review on this board right now. Check it out! I think it has the heading "Carnival Sensation Thanksgiving..."

You will have a blast! I wish we had done the 4 night instead of the 3 night. I have heard that Freeport is much better than Nassau.

Hello! I am new to the board and new to cruising! We are surprising our two daughters with a 4 night cruise to the Bahamas for Christmas! And then we leave right after Christmas! :D They have been dying to go on a cruise forever, and we can't wait to see their faces when they find out on Christmas morning!

So I have so many questions! This board is great and full of advice! I'm sure I will get all the help I need. So......

In Freeport, has anyone done the Wyndham day or should we just to to get to the beach on our own? Since I'm new at this, I was leaning toward the boat sponsored excursion. Also, is the transportation from the boat to the Wynham included if you book through Carnival?

Does anyone have insider tips for Sensation? Any great spots to sit for dinner or a pre-dinner cocktail? Any suggestions for good food on board?

Atlantis? - I know it will be Disney in another part of the world but I can't see going all the way there and not seeing it with the kids. The excursions are confusing and it looks like the aquadventure is only available with a dolphin day. We have done that. I just want to be able to use the beach and the pools. Does the beach day pass give you access to the pools? We will probably not use the waterslides, but I want to be able to get in all the pools and beaches.

Thank you all for your help! I can't wait to go! I'm sure I will have many more questions to come

Welcome - I really hope you enjoy your cruise.

Freeport - you are better off doing an excursion of some description since the port is a way from anywhere. When we were there last we did an excursion out to a beach that provided lunch and a few drinks. I want to say it was Paradise Beach but I'm not 100% sure of that. It was a nice fun day.

Nassau - more to do and see here. We've been to Nassau 3 or 4 times now and we always do our own thing. We hop a cab and go to the public beach on Paradise Island. Nice beach. That would be a cheap day for you. You can also take the water taxi back and forth for $5 for the day I think it is. We did that a couple of times but we know Paradise Island well so in your case I wouldn't do that. Cable Beach is another nice spot you could do. Grab a cab out there and have a morning at the beach and do a little shopping right beside your ship in Nassau in the afternoon/evening depending on how long your stop is.

Your kids will have a blast. I remember the look on our son's faces when we told them they were going on a cruise. Enjoy and don't forget to report back afterwards and tell everyone how it was. You'll be an expert then and can share some of your thought with others.

WELCOME!!

THIS IS THE PLACE TO ASK ALL YOUR QUESTIONS!

WE WENT TO THE BEACH OURSELF, IT WAS SOMEWHAT RAINING WHEN WE PULLED IN, BUT I BELIVE IT WAS 5$ FOR MYSELF, MY PARENTS, AND MY DAUGHTER. WE DID A PUBLIC BEACH AND IT WAS FINE. IF YOU BOOK THROUGH CARNIVAL, TRANSPORTATION IS INCLUDED

MY PERSONAL FAVORITE PLACE WAS ON THE VERY VERY TOP DECK, ON THE OPPOSITE SIDE OF THE MINI GOLF, BEHIND A PLEXIGLASS WALL TYPE THING... SPENT A LOT OF TIME THERE ALONE, WITH A DRINK AND A BOOK. I ALSO WAS A BIG FAN OF THE BALCONY (WE HAD A CAT. 12 AND I SPENT HOURS EACH NIGHT OUT THERE READING).

DIDN'T DO ATLANTIS... FROM WHAT I'VE HEARD FROM PEOPLE WHO HAVE VISITED AND STAYED THERE, ITS NOTHING WORTH WRITING HOME ABOUT, ITS A BEACH. AND AN OVERPRICED ONE AT THAT. IF YOU JUST WANT BEACH ACCESS, MAYBE LOOK AT THE BRITISH COLONIAL HILTON. ITS GORGEOUS, ITS SIGNIFICANTLY CHEAPER, AND ITS THE SAME SAND AND WATER AS ATLANTIS. IF YOU REALLY WANT TO DO ATLANTIS, CHECK OUT THE DIG... THATS THE ONLY THING IVE HEARD DECENT REVIEWS OF FROM FRIENDS AND FAMILY WHO HAVE GONE.

ITS A GREAT SHIP, I LOVED HER... SHE WAS MY FIRST CRUISE, AND I PROMPTLY BOOKED MY SECOND ONE AFTER GETTING OFF... I SAW A LOT OF REALLY BAD REVIEWS OF HER BOTH ON HERE AND ON CARNIVALS BOARDS, BUT I FOUND NONE OF THAT TO BE TRUTH. THE FOOD WAS GREAT, THERE WERE TONSOF STUFF TO DO, THE STAFF WERE GREAT (MERWIN WAS OUR SERVER, HE WAS BEYOND STELLAR), IT WAS ALL AROUND A GREAT VACATION. obviously i loved it, im doing it again.

Archived