Triumph Cabin 9208 question

zimme08

I am looking to book cabin 9208 on The Triumph going out of New Orleans on 12/26/09. I was wondering if anyone who has stayed in this cabin, or nearby, can tell me if there was a lot of motion when the ship was underway.

Thanks so much.

SueZ

I have not sailed on the Triumph but will be on board Dec. 31st. I have had a balcony room on the Lido deck of the Conquest twice. I have also sailed out of Galveston 7 times. The Triumph is much the same as the Conquest. I can tell you sailing out of the gulf is bumping going and coming. The wind is high until you get into the Carribean. So to answer your question, yes you will definately feel motion. How much will depend on the weather. Even with calm seas the gulf is rough. Personally I love the rocking.

We've sailed on the Conquest out of Galveston (Feb, 2008), and Triumph out of Miami (Mar, 2009), with balcony cabins on the Empress deck both cruises. We had no motion at all sailing out of Galveston as the cruise was entirely in the gulf (Western Caribbean). We had some motion out of Miami on the Triumph, but that was because the route was largely in the Atlantic where the swells are a bit larger. Even then, the motion was hardly noticable. Short answer... you will be fine barring some really unusual sea conditions. These ships are so large, and with stabilizers and other related technologies, motion is not the problem it was in the earlier ships. You will have a GREAT time!

Archived