Price changes before/after final payment deadline?

mapman_2004

Hi all,

The final payment is due next week for a cruise I am contemplating. (First, is it true that 75 days prior is the deadline for final payment?)

Do prices go up or down after that with cancellations?

FYI: looking at 8 Day on the Spirit in a 4K cabin Feb. 23rd.

Thanks!

Hard to say.. depends how well the ship is selling.. sometimes they go up..sometimes down.. you will not be able to get OBC unless you book the early saver rate.. the only option you would have otherwise is an upgrade if it becomes available.. Yes it is true 75 days prior is final payment..

People cancel for many reasons..

I'm sure they do! LOL

Why is there a final payment deadline though? Do people cancel at that point, and lose their deposit? The deposit seems fairly high for most bookings. Something like $300 each. Do agencies have a smaller deposit, and can afford dropping the unbooked cabins?

I'm sure they do! LOL

Why is there a final payment deadline though? Do people cancel at that point, and lose their deposit? The deposit seems fairly high for most bookings. Something like $300 each. Do agencies have a smaller deposit, and can afford dropping the unbooked cabins?

If you haven't booked Early SAver.. you get all your deposit back at that point.. after that point you lose it..

I've seen some cruises go up and some hit rock bottom. Depending on when in April the prices might not change at all.

Actually it is February 23rd. (I cruised April this year already!)

So, someone please turn on their magic genie, wax your crystal ball, and let me know what the prices will do for that cruise! LOL:)

really! Then a lot of people may jump ship! Bad pun

LOL really.. I could be wrong on the amount you lose.. after words.. I think at 60 days its 50 percent.. I am sure someone in the know will be able to correct me if I am wrong.. but I do know up until the final payment you can get all your funds paid back without penalty.. unless you book Early Saver which you lose $50.. and the remaining deposit is used as OBC for a future cruise booked within a years time

Actually it is February 23rd. (I cruised April this year already!)

So, someone please turn on their magic genie, wax your crystal ball, and let me know what the prices will do for that cruise! LOL:)

Prices just went up a tad on the sailing. I'm still going to gamble on them dropping later next week.

I'm surprised there isn't more discussion on price trends in terms of final payment dates. Or, is it a big Carnival secret? Or, is it dependent on too many factors to try and figure out?

Per the Carnival website regarding Cancellations:

For all 6, 7 or 8 night cruises the following applies:

Up to 76 days prior to sailing - No Cancellation Charge/Full refund

75 to 30 days prior to sailing - Deposit is not refunded

29 to 8 days prior to sailing - 50% of Total Fare not refunded

7 days or less prior to sailing - 100% of total fare not refunded.

Archived