Hotels in Fort lauderdale

Robinob

We are sailing on Oasis in July and are interested in a pre and post hotel stay. Any suggestions? Two adults, no children. Something close to the port.

My soon to be wife and I plan to stay at the "hyatt at pier66"... It's very close and plan to get a tower deluxe room, which will have views of the pier. Also looked into embassey suites that's around there also. I'd prefer to stay there bc there some good reviews on it, except I'll be using my visa extra points to pay for the room. I like free better haha

Both have good reviews tho! GL

Pier 66 is on the water taxi route which gives you access to most of Fort Lauderdale (for a fee). We are using a hotel that provides free parking for the week for a one night stay. Since the cost of the room is much less than the cost of pier parking and reduces the hassle of dropping luggage, finding a parking spot and getting back to the pier, we are booked.

We enjoy the location of the Holiday Inn Port of Miami. If you get a room on a higher floor facing the port, you can wake up in the morning and see all the cruise ships. It also is right across from Bayside which has several shops & places to eat. The Holiday Inn is nothing special but it is adequate for a pre-cruise evening stay.

We are booked at the Courtyard by Marriott on the Beach. Looks like good reviews on Trip Advisor, walking distance to many restaurants, directly across the street from the Beach, 5 min cab to the port. Kinda of pricey for a Courtyard $260/night (I know I need to get over it, but that is alot for a commodity hotel).

Better review upon return (Dec 31-Jan 2).

Site - http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/fllco-courtyard-fort-lauderdale-beach/

Craig

JAN 02 2010

We've stayed at the Hampton Inn at Plantation, Fl a few times pre-cruise, which is about 10 min from the port with free parking and a shuttle to the port. Rates are good and beds very comfy. Plenty of restaurants close by as well as a mall.

We have stayed at The Embassy Suites on 17th St. Excellent Hotel! Very close to the port. Free cooked to order breakfast, not just donuts and coffee! Free drinks at the managers reception from 5-7pm. Beautiful pool area to relax by. I will be here next year before our next cruise. Can't say enough good things about it.

When ever we cruise out of Fort Lauderdale we stay at:

Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North 2301 SW 12th Ave.

They offer complimentary shuttles to/from the airport and the cruise port also free breakfast. They will also shuttle to Los Olas we riverfront, where we eat dinner and shop.

We are booked at the Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale Airport. They offer complimentary shuttles to/from the airport and the cruise port. Very reasonable prices and great reveiws.

Check it out...

http://ftlauderdaleairport.place.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/place/index.jsp

Carol

We have this hotel booked as well. Got it on Priceline for $70 a night. Priceline is the way to go for the best price. :)

We enjoy the location of the Holiday Inn Port of Miami. If you get a room on a higher floor facing the port, you can wake up in the morning and see all the cruise ships. It also is right across from Bayside which has several shops & places to eat. The Holiday Inn is nothing special but it is adequate for a pre-cruise evening stay.

The OP is looking for a hotel near Pt Everglades(Ft Lauderdale)

We recently stayed at the Hilton Marina for $50 on Priceline. It is right across the bridge from the port and has a great view of the ships.

we just stayed there last week and was glad we also only paid $50...while ok,it certainly is not what I think of,when I think Hilton..

• 2 months later...
If you have any questions about Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six, I'm here to help!

I have questions!!!! :)

How far is the walk to the boat taxi?

How far is the walk to the beach?

Is it possible to view the cruise ships coming in and out from there?

How can I get a room that views where the cruise ships are?

Are there plenty of taxis on Saturday morning to bring us to the port?

How are the prices of the restaurants that are in the hotel? Are they expensive? Rough estimates would be great!

Thank you in advance!!!!

Perfect! What's the last name on the reservation? I want to make sure we note the desire for a view of the port.

That would be spectacular!!! Thank you so much!! The last name is Salamacha and it's booked for May 6-8. We're very excited to kick off our honeymoon by staying at the Hyatt Pier 66 :)

Archived