another vote for Phil

kely53

We just returned from a cruise and a fun filled day spent with Phil Lafayette. Thank you to all of the info on this site as it led us to Phil. We did the tour with Dunns River Falls and River Tubing and then an informative tour of the area. Great weather and great people.

There were 13 of us. One family of 4 did not show up. He had an airconditioned small tour bus. I believe it would have fit 18.

We just got back from our cruise on sunday and today I received an email from Phil hoping that we got back safe and sound etc. If you have any other questions, let me know.

We've heard a lot about this guy and would be interested in using him when we go on our cruise!!!

How many people are generally in his groups??? It would just be me, my mum and my friend!

What type of things does he do on the tour???

Has he got a website?? lol

Thanx!

Gem :)

His website is http://www.phil-lafayette-tours.com

His small tour bus would accommodate about 18. He had 13 the day we went and he will take just a few if that is all he has.

He basically will customize it to what you want to do. It can be as long or short as you like. His cost is $20pp for the day. We did the Dunns River Falls tour which was $20pp.which was paid directly to Dunns River Falls. He will assist you in getting a person to assist you up the falls (they will expect a tip at the end and they deserve it!!). He will be waiting for you when you are done. We also did the River Tubing when was very nice. That was $10 pp. He took us through Fern Gully and took us on a tour of the area, stopping at schools and kitchen gardens to show us the plants and flowers. He offered to take us to a place he recommends for lunch but we declined as our group wanted to go to Margaritaville for lunch. There is the pottery factory that he will take you to.....it is all up to you. He tells great stories and remembered all of our names by the end of the day.

I booked in the summer for Jan cruise. The one thing is that you dont pay him anything until you get there. He doesnt require a credit card number or anything so you can cancel at any time. You could book now to be safe and if you change your mind later, let him know. I tried to add 2 people to our group about 2 months before the cruise and Phil was booked up and he suggested I try Peat Taylor. Which I did, and Peat had room, but the other 2 people decided to do the canopy tour instead.

I requested a reservation for the Dunns River Falls and river tubing excursion yesterday afternoon through his website for a family of 4 for March 15th. I received confirmation via e-mail last evening and everthing is set. Didn't seem to have any problems at all with the website and there was still space available two months out.

Just returned from a cruise on the Princess Star, our first cruise ever. We booked our Jamaica tour with Phil Lafayette based on the reviews we read online, and were not disappointed.

Phil was phantastic! He is very funny, very accomodating and a blast to be around. He knows everyone, and tries very hard to please all the passengers he has no matter what age! We had our 17 year old son with us on this cruise, and we were paired up with a dad and his 13 year old daughter. He made sure both of the young ones were entertained and informed the whole time. He stopped at this fabulous restaurant in the mountains that overlooked the bay. They served the best jerk chicken I have ever tasted, and the staff was more than helpful for all our needs. We had a very short time in Jamaica, but I would recommend Phil to everyone no matter how long you have there because he will make it one of the best memories of your trip.

Ya man! Phil is the best.

Kely53. I saw on another thread that you had 9554 on MOS. We have the same room on the NOS for our honeymoon on 4/2. It was one of the last 10 JS left and was wondering if everything was ok with the room. Every other available room was right next an elevator, so I understand those not being taken.

My e-mail is my name @ yahoo . com

Thanks. Todd

• 3 weeks later...

Archived