Caye Caulker - Strenuous snorkeling?

crobertson

My family and I have booked a tour through Coral Breeze to go snorkeling at Caye Caulker. We have a few family members that have small medical conditions that affect their breathing. However, we've all snorkeled with these conditions in Antigua, the Caymans, and plenty of other Caribbean islands. Does anyone know if the waters in this region make snorkeling difficult or a rigorous activity? I'm sure the waters vary from day to day, but in general has anyone experienced any difficulties or complications from snorkeling here? Thanks!

Does anyone know how this tour works? If you are not a snorkeler, do you stay on the boat? does the boat follow or lead the snorkelers and the guide or how does this work?:) Our group is five but only four will snorkel - what happens with the fifth person?

Does anyone know how this tour works? If you are not a snorkeler, do you stay on the boat? does the boat follow or lead the snorkelers and the guide or how does this work?:) Our group is five but only four will snorkel - what happens with the fifth person?

We went through Coral Breeze/Hammerhead for the Stingray Alley snorkel adventure. It was an amazing experience. Our group was not large..less than 20 people, and we had 3 people from Coral Breeze with us the whole time. There were at least 2 people in the water with us at all times. One would stay on the boat to keep watch over our group. We were given water and snorkeling life jackets and instruction while enroute to the snorkeling site.

I am a terrible swimmer and a beginner snorkeler and I felt very comfortable and safe the whole time!! They kept an eye on the slower snorkelers and adjusted the excursion accordingly. Those who could keep up went with someone else, while someone else would stay and herd us slower ones along. We were never very far apart from the main group. The boat was anchored near our snorkeling site with 1 non swimmer guest and a helper in the boat watching over us.

Some shots of that area, enjoy!

P3160071

Archived