Oasis of the Seas

stbrown

I can't see you letting this go anytime soon. Your posts now seem to be trying to convince everyone else how horrible OASIS was based on your sole experience on her, and comparing this to your blissfully wonderful experiences on another ship of a completely different design and size.*

I think we all are forgetting the OASIS was roughly only 2 weeks from the builders yard before her Dec 1st cruise and a ship of this size is bound to have problems. I never understood why people who know this to be a probability, still book the first cruise and still complain when things aren't absolutely perfect.*

But by all means keep posting your Royal Carribbean conspiracy theories and progressively worsening comparison reviews. At some point in time you'll let this go or drive yourself insane.

With all the hype and promises of Paradise and merry-go-rounds, I left very disappointed. New is not an excuse to give mediocre service. The cruise was only four days long. and I was mad most of the last day, so, I should run out of personal experience tales soon. My wife did find a lady trapped in an eighth floor restroom near Central Park. She had been in there for about thirty minuites locked in one of the stalls. That was kind of funny. The lady and her husband thought it was too.

We went to North Carolina to visit family for Thanksgiving. We stay at a Marriot Courtyard not far from my mothers house. On the first morning there, black Friday, the resturant was jammed up. I don't do buffets so they cooked my breakfast to order. The omelet was wonderful. Next day, with only one other person in the dining room (and he was eating off the buffet), the cook refuse to cook an omelet because he was too busy, and I ended up with eggs his way. On our last morning there, a different cooked served me what I wanted the way I wanted it. This change of service may keep me from booking into the Hilton next time we're there. They have a full service resturant at the same rate. The Marriot does have an indoor pool and hot tub... and no limit on towels. We flew home and boarded the Oasis. I had more fun at the Courtyard.

We went to North Carolina to visit family for Thanksgiving. We stay at a Marriot Courtyard not far from my mothers house. On the first morning there, black Friday, the resturant was jammed up. I don't do buffets so they cooked my breakfast to order. The omelet was wonderful. Next day, with only one other person in the dining room (and he was eating off the buffet), the cook refuse to cook an omelet because he was too busy, and I ended up with eggs his way. On our last morning there, a different cooked served me what I wanted the way I wanted it. This change of service may keep me from booking into the Hilton next time we're there. They have a full service resturant at the same rate. The Marriot does have an indoor pool and hot tub... and no limit on towels. We flew home and boarded Oasis. I had more fun at the Courtyard.

It has been said that perhaps the staffers that aggravated me on Oasis on Tuesday on the pool deck may not have recognized me on Friday, and rattled off the pat rules they have been told to follow. If that is the case, then I apologize to them, but, I still blame THE COMPANY and their unexceptable policies. It took the fun away from hanging in the Solarium that day... still not over it.

We went to North Carolina to visit family for Thanksgiving. We stay at a Marriot Courtyard not far from my mothers house. On the first morning there, black Friday, the resturant was jammed up. I don't do buffets so they cooked my breakfast to order. The omelet was wonderful. Next day, with only one other person in the dining room (and he was eating off the buffet), the cook refuse to cook an omelet because he was too busy, and I ended up with eggs his way. On our last morning there, a different cooked served me what I wanted the way I wanted it. This change of service may keep me from booking into the Hilton next time we're there. They have a full service resturant at the same rate. The Marriot does have an indoor pool and hot tub... and no limit on towels.

Here we go with the towels again, this is getting pretty funny, maybe you have had too many vacations and don't appreciate the important things, being with family, making new friends, relaxing and enjoying the freedom of being in the middle of the sea with no real responsibilities, you need to learn how to enjoy life and don't let the little inconveniences ruin your trips. I know a number of people that would give anything to even be able to go on any cruise, and if they did they would not care if they never GOT a TOWEL, they would be so happy to be fortunate enough to even be on the ship. Chill out, you will enjoy life much more!

I saw the photo of Oasis in St. Thomas. She will make a great reef for the snorkel tours for guests traveling on the other cruise ships.

However, if you're traveling with RCCL, book a suite, or take your own towels.

Actually, Freedom hit the mark with us three times this year. It's... like they got it right. In May and September, we didn't even get off the ship.

She is my favorite RCCL ship. Oasis falls short in service and satisfaction as the biggest ship in the world.

Actually, Freedom hit the mark with us three times this year. It's... like they got it right. In May and September, we didn't even get off the ship.

She is my favorite RCCL ship. Oasis falls short in service and satisfaction as the biggest ship in the world.

I just realized that we used 50,000 Rewards Points on the Oasis cruise. They took $1000 off the final bill. Now I'm feeling a little better. Wish I had used the points toward a junior suite on Grandeur. She's in Tampa through spring. 45 minuites and valet parking. My favorite port. Radiance will be there next fall.

I saw the photo of Oasis in St. Thomas. She will make a great reef for the snorkel tours for guests traveling on the other cruise ships.

I've been told that this was a bit harsh. I see their point. We shouldn't subject those guests to Oasis under any circumtance.

HEY, what did the little ship say to Oasis today in St. Thomas?

Hey there, chubby, do you need to borrow some extra towels... LOL

Before you "jump ship" so readily, try out the other cruise lines. Think you will be in for a big surprise.

Sailed on Princess this past May and thankfully we know how to make our own good time and not let outside annoyances ruin things for us. The whole ship experience was beyond believable, from the service (except for our cabin steward) to the food, to the shows & entertainment on board,(world champion hula hoop lady everyday in the Atrium) to the quality of the linens(holes in our duvet and mold on shower curtain) to the raw pork chop in the specialty restaurant (that the waiter refused to take back since it was the "chefs" choice how wanted to cook the food) and I could go on & on. Finally to the embarkation procedures where large groups of rude people cutting lines and the ship staff standing in their tidy whites watching & doing nothing so what should have taken @1 hr took 2 hrs cause of all the line cutting.

Wrote to Princess and received a big shipboard credit for another cruise and an apology. But not an incentive for us to try it again. We took this one cause it was the only one had the itinerary we wanted but we are RCCL cruisers all the way. Been on NCL & Disney (which is wonderful for families but we're past that now).

So if towels was your biggest problem & not getting some "perks" due your status, which btw we don't collect when on board, then go try some other lines. I think you will be back very quickly. The grass is always greener on the other side till you get there & see the ugly brown spots up close.

Good luck on your next cruise & hope it's a better one than this was. Also suggest trying smaller ships, 5000+ ships are not conducive to personalized one on one type service.

I've been told that this was a bit harsh. I see their point. We shouldn't subject those guests to Oasis under any circumtance.

HEY, what did the little ship say to Oasis today in St. Thomas?

Hey there, chubby, do you need to borrow some extra towels... LOL

Surely you have run out of negative things to say!! What is missing in your life sooo much that a lack of towels ruined a whole vacation - which let's face it, seems to be the main point of all your negative threads.

Tell me, did you have a bad experience when you were younger with a towel or lack of which has given you such a hang up about them??

If on my cruise on the Oasis in January I have such a bad experience as you have had, I will start a post saying - "you know what, stbrown was right". For me though, being mugged at gunpoint like those people in the Bahamas would cause me to go on and on about how bad a holiday was - not the lack of towels, so I very much doubt I will be posting that thread.

Anyway, good luck with your next cruise line!

I really just need to shut up about the poor treatment and book a quick cruise with someone else so that the "Oasis Experiment" isn't my last cruise of the year.... wow, a break through. Six pages and four days is how long it takes to get over a bad ride on Oasis.

Archived