Straigtening Iron on Caribbean Princess

rosenbra

My wife is worried her straightening iron won't work on our upcoming cruise (Caribbean Princess). I don't think it'll be a problem but will we need to bring any special adapters? I think the plugs are US standard but I've heard not all outlets will accept the plugs w/ a narrow and wide end.

My wife is worried her straightening iron won't work on our upcoming cruise (Caribbean Princess). I don't think it'll be a problem but will we need to bring any special adapters? I think the plugs are US standard but I've heard not all outlets will accept the plugs w/ a narrow and wide end.

It won't be a problem at all by the desk, those plugs have that type of connection (the one narrow side and the one wider side). I think you might be talking about the bathroom plug in that has two of the same sized plug ins, but she woudln't be able to use that for her straightener anyway, it is for shavers only.

The plug by the desk, which is where the big mirror and the hair dryer are, will indeed take a one-side-wider-than-the-other plug. I've had no trouble with my straightener on either of the two cruises it's joined me on (it doesn't always get to go!).

Archived