XMAS Decorations on Navigator of the Seas

ORD60707

Does anyone know how long they keep up the XMAS decorations on the ship(s) ?

Sailing on the Navigator 01/11 and was just wondering if the ship will still be decorated.

Thanks!

What's XMAS? ;) Are you too lazy and/or disrespectful to write out the true word? :mad: Sorry, that really strikes a nerve!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

How rude! Merry Christmas to you too.

I'm guessing that FLCruiseGirl was agreeing with me!

Maybe you didn't realize typing it that way is taking Christ out of Christmas. Very offensive to many. I'm sure the poster did not mean it the way it sounded... just as the OP might not have.

Embrace the season.

And yes, I DID mean it the way it sounded! XMAS should be striken from the English language! :p

And yes, I DID mean it the way it sounded! XMAS should be striken from the English language! :p

XMAS XMAS XMAS XMAS XMAS XMAS XMAS XMAS XMAS XMAS

Merry Christmas to all and to all a GOODNIGHT! :p

I find your avatar offensive, especially considering the message you are trying to get across...:rolleyes:

Perhaps if you did some research on the history of "Xmas" you wouldn't look like such a fool...

It is an informal abbreviation of Christmas and is perfectly acceptable in informal writing (such as internet forums)...

Furthermore... you would realize that the "x" in Xmas actually represents the greek letter chi which happens to be the first letter of Christ in greek...

Further research would have shown you that folks have been abbreviating the word Christmas for well over a thousand years and that this particular modern abbreviation is actually rooted in early Christian classical languages...

And by the way, the forum rules specifically discourage the criticism of others' spelling and writing...

Geez... get over yourself...

Does anyone know how long they keep up the XMAS decorations on the ship(s) ?

Sailing on the Navigator 01/11 and was just wondering if the ship will still be decorated.

Thanks!

Hi, we sailed on the 10 night Navigator cruise on 12/24/08 last year. The decorations came down before the New Year celebration.

I was NOT agreeing with you.

I doubt that the word "XMAS" will ever be "stricken from the English language", primarily because it is a commonly used form/abbreviation of the word "Christmas". I believe another reason is that it's silly to presume that using it "removes Christ from the season" - because it doesn't.

Well, I never thought my question would raise such contraversy.....WOW!

So no Christmas (XMAS) decorations on the ship....No problem! I was just wondering. Have been on many cruises during the Holiday season and its beautiful.

Yes, MANY cruises....and have even seen the word XMAS on many ships.

Royal Caribbean - 20 cruises

Princess - 11

Carnival - 10

NCL - 2

Not bragging, but if they call all use the word XMAS during a cruise, than I can too!

Merry Christmas and a Happy & Healthy New Year to all !

Maybe you didn't realize typing it that way is taking Christ out of Christmas. Very offensive to many. I'm sure the poster did not mean it the way it sounded... just as the OP might not have.

Embrace the season.

Thanks you posted before I had a chance to. I understand everyone has the right to believe and practice what they choose but Christmas for many has now become a commercial endevor and the true meaning has been lost. Just take a look around and compare Santa displays to Nativity Scenes. Sad but true for many of us and perfectly ok for others.

What's XMAS? ;) Are you too lazy and/or disrespectful to write out the true word? :mad: Sorry, that really strikes a nerve!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

There are often minor things on this board said that I find inappropriate. However, I refrain from attacking someone over it because I am an ADULT. Grow up.

To the OP, we celebrate Christmas and the religious meaning behind it and I am not offended you chose to abbreviate. Life is way too short to flip out over something that small.

Archived