A breif review of our Carnival Liberty cruise

martinchem

Just off the Carnival Liberty 7 day eastern. Awesome cruise. We are platnum and received our pins a few days in the cruise along with a couple really nice 5x7 Carnival platinum metal picture frames, very nice. We already have a few thermos's from past cruises. We did the My Time Dining in the upper Golden MDR and I will say the steaks were cooked to order, the quality of meats were better than I've had on any cruiseline the last two years and the service was excellent, although I would say the traditional is a little more personal, it's a fair tradeoff to enjoy dining afer a sunset, or late port visit or just because you had a second lunch and weren't hungary at 6:00. The ship was clean, the Mongolian BBQ and new Burrto Bar were our favorites. If I had a problem at all it was that the portions were to large for us and we were stuffed after every meal making it difficult to enjoy some of the entertainment, I guess next time we'll just leave a little on the plates, we'll be better off that way. We certainly bought a couple Future Cruise Certificates to help offset our spending on upcoming cruises (nothing booked yet, but probably Dream or Liberty). I hear only five ships offer them so it's something to look for. This ship was a vacation destination within its self, we had great weather throughout the week, perfect days at Half Moon and Grand Turk for beach & swim, great shopping at St. Thomas and a walking historical self guided tour in San Juan. Thanks to Carnivals friendly and fun staff from room stewarts through officers we couldn't of felt more welcome nor had that feeling of being around family unless we were at home.

We've sailed both ships, either way you'd be fine, we saw the Destiny saturday in port, looks great. The Liberty is newer. laid out better and has a better buffet setup than the Destiny helping to spread the crowds around with such a better flow except for the Mongolian BBQ. that you have to try, the lines aren't long for most other foods. If my wife only cruises Liberty she'd never complain, it is her absolute favorite ship, period.

I was happy to sail the Destiny, but our kids really wanted a longer cruise than 5 days. We still get to go to Grand Turk and Half Moon Cay so I am not complaining! Plus I have to say after recently sailing the Valor, I was afraid I would be disappointed in the age of the Destiny :o . Put that together with her recent propulsion problems and the armed robberies in Nassau, we decided to switch. I am sure Destiny would have been just as fabulous as the Liberty will be; maybe we will try her another time.

I am happy that we'll again be on a ship with a fish n' chips place :D

I see we've been on some of the same ships. Our first cruise also was the Jubilee. We sailed the Destiny out of San Juan a few years ago, We enjoyed a different port every day, but kind of missed the sea days. We also went to Aruba instead of St. Lucia. We went to the Malibu Rum factory for a tour in Barbados, what a good day. We grabbed a cab for $10, asked to go there, paid an additional $10pp for the tour which included a few shots. Then off to Malibu beach next door (less than 5 minute walk) with free coupons for two more drinks alcoholic or non and lounges with umbrellas included all no additional fees. Afterward we grabbed another cab (there were several parked at the entrance) for $10 back to the ship. We spent about 20 minutes each way in cab, 1 hour on tour and 2 1/2 at the beach for $40.00. Just agree before you enter the cab on the fee, they were not metered. A perfect day!

Great to hear that you enjoyed the Liberty!

Did you have to wait a long time to be seated with the Anytime Dining? We have early seating now but our party of 9 is thinking of switching to Anytime Dining.

What room category did you have? Anything else you can remember that might be good for us to know?

We also loved the Liberty. It was my favorite of the 3 ships we've tried. I'm going to try the Destiny again in July since we didn't see too much of the ship. I had a fall on the first day & didn't do too much walking. Glad you had a great time.

The Fish & Chips is just upstairs from the Buffet, aft 10. We waited one time for seating for dinner at My Time Dining, we were given a pager that flashed and vibrated, our wait was about 4-5 minutes, everyother night we were seated promtly upon arrival. We booked a 4A and were offered an upgrade but let it go. This cruise we were forward inside deck riviera 1238. Last time on the ship it was lido, tell you the truth we had a great room and great stewards too!

Thank you for your review. :) I'm saling on the Liberty for the first time in 31 days and I'm so excited!!!! I figured the Liberty was similar to the Glory since they're in the same class. But I've read that Glory lacked some of the food stations and big screen on the Lido deck like Liberty. I'm sure there are other differences as well.

Glad to hear the staff was attentive and not rude.

Your review actually transported me to the Liberty and beaches of Grand Turk and Half Moon Cay as I sat in my depressingly gray cubicle at work. Thank you for a pre-vacation:D

Archived