Questions about Luquillo Kiosks

PearlRabbit

Planning a trip to the Luquillo kiosks in January on a Sunday evening and have a few questions. What's the average price for a beer and snacks? Do people go get in the water and then go to the kiosks? If so, is there a changing area? Any kiosks that are especially good/not to be missed? And lastly, how are people dressed? I'm guessing casual but I don't want to look sloppy if everyone else looks nice. Thanks in advance!

I think you waaay overthinking this. The kiosks are right next to the beach so ultra-casual is the way to go. Going later, like at night, jeans is the most elegant thing you will find.

As far as prices go, it will be much cheaper than the hotel area in San Juan. The local beer, Medalla, will probably be the least expensive but the american brands will go for 3-4 dollars while the europeans (Heineken etc.) will be a bit more.

As far as changing area, the kiosks are right next to Luquillo beach so you can change there if you wish.

I have been to Luquillo 3 times. As the above poster said, the atmosphere is casual. Just wear your swimsuit, for heaven's sake! Beers are $2-4. Most of the food is $2-3. Try the fried plaintains stuffed with meat or seafood, or the fish tacos....yum! There are tables to sit down at, but nothing fancy, think of your local Sonic.

P.S. Don't pay to park! Drive right over to the kiosks and then go behind them. There is a shaded area to park in for free. This is where you will find all the locals.

Archived