Best beach at Caye Caulker

gjnmir

Went back and forth trying to decide between Bannister Island and Caye Caulker for combined snorkeling and beach break. Seems beach may be more your typical carribbean at Bannister Island but seeing pics of the chairs all lined up has made me decide on Caye Caulker. Although there seems to many piers extending from the shore, which do you think is the best beach area on the island that our group of 14 can find chairs/loungers and some shade and decent beach. I intend to book through CoralBreeze. thanks

You won't find a good beach on Caye Caulker. There is some sand, but neither Caulker or Ambergris Caye have really good beaches. My suggestion is to save your beach day for another port (most of which will have much nicer beaches) and find something else to do in Belize (Mayan Ruins, Cave Tubing, wildlife viewing, etc). The good beaches in Belize are too far to reach from the cruise port. Think of Caye Caulker as a funky little fishing village rather than a beach destination.

Went back and forth trying to decide between Bannister Island and Caye Caulker for combined snorkeling and beach break. Seems beach may be more your typical carribbean at Bannister Island but seeing pics of the chairs all lined up has made me decide on Caye Caulker. Although there seems to many piers extending from the shore, which do you think is the best beach area on the island that our group of 14 can find chairs/loungers and some shade and decent beach. I intend to book through CoralBreeze. thanks

Bannister is a private island for tours only. You will have all of the good things the tour company thinks a tourist needs...

Caye Caulker is a real town with real stores and food....No good beaches or beach chair..The split or a walk thru town is a fun time.

Bannister is a private island for tours only. You will have all of the good things the tour company thinks a tourist needs...

Caye Caulker is a real town with real stores and food....No good beaches or beach chair..The split or a walk thru town is a fun time.

Wadethegringo - do you happen to know Mario from Mario's Tours on Caye Caulker? We had quite an adventure there - you can read the full story on my Legend review in my signature - and I am so appreciative of how they helped us out. The weather that day was so nasty and yet they took pity on us and took us back to port. I have sent them an e-mail thanking them, but I'm not sure if they received it.

Of course, I'm assuming that everyone in Belize knows everyone else - how silly. But knowing how small Caye Caulker is - I thought you may have come across their business.

Wadethegringo - do you happen to know Mario from Mario's Tours on Caye Caulker? We had quite an adventure there - you can read the full story on my Legend review in my signature - and I am so appreciative of how they helped us out. The weather that day was so nasty and yet they took pity on us and took us back to port. I have sent them an e-mail thanking them, but I'm not sure if they received it.

Of course, I'm assuming that everyone in Belize knows everyone else - how silly. But knowing how small Caye Caulker is - I thought you may have come across their business.

no I dont know him.... there are some great guides out there

Archived