Victoria---Baltic Explorer Cruise

ARBORGUY

Hi All,

Need some input ....we're considering Victoria for the Baltic cruise next May 31.

Anyone have any experience with this cruise?

We've been offered Deck 5 (mid) in Cabin 5115. Is this a good location on Victoria?

Thanks....I'm sure I'll have many more questions if we book...

Bill

Hi All,

Need some input ....we're considering Victoria for the Baltic cruise next May 31.

Anyone have any experience with this cruise?

We've been offered Deck 5 (mid) in Cabin 5115. Is this a good location on Victoria?

Thanks....I'm sure I'll have many more questions if we book...

Bill

Hi Bill,

5.115 is more or less amidships which is generally considered to be a good place to be. However, it's an obstructed view cabin, so there will be a lifeboat somewhere close at hand that will be in your line of sight from the balcony to some degree or another - I think that you will find that the lifeboat is located below the level of five deck so, from the balcony, you will be looking down on the top of the lifeboat. The view looking straight out to sea should be relatively unobstructed.

The itinerary looks essentially the same as the Baltic cruise that we took on QV last year, with the exception that Kristiansand has been added on at the end and Zeebrugge removed from the beginning. I am certain that you will love the itinerary, I know we did. You can find some of my photographs from that cruise here if they are of any interest to you.

Just fire off the questions as they occur to you, there will always be someone around here to answer them.

J

Just viewed your photos, they are brilliant. Have not been on QV but she looks lovely. Will have to go on one day.

Catherine

Thanks Catherine,

I'm not blind to QV's faults (and she has a few), and I am quite happy to concede the liner fanatics' point that she is "just another cruise ship". But she is a fantastic ship nonetheless, and the general ambience on board is quite definitely Cunard. I'm sure you would love her and can thoroughly recommend her. I know it doesn't make the slightest sense to say so, but she seemed to be particularly suited to that Baltic cruise.

Jimmy

Archived