Enough time to see Paradise Point and do excursion?

JackieD223

HELP! I am desperate to go to Paradise Point in St Thomas. If we book with Sunny Liston is there enough time to go to Paradise Point also? Or if we booked through Carnival and did the Ultimate Island Experience? Or should we just not book an excursion and do it on our own (Paradise Point, beach, shopping)? I'm a first time cruiser and I don't know what to do!!!

We had the same dilemna on or Oct. cruise. We did the Sunny Liston tour (had a blast, by the way!) and wanted to do the tram to Paradise Point. When we returned, technically we probably could have made it to Paradise Point by the tram...............it was very close by, a 5 minute walk. But, it would have been tight. We decided to wait for another time. We didn't want to have to rush through the experience, but would like to take some time up there to have a drink (Bushwacker), enjoy the scenery, the shop, etc. I think our ship left at 6. If you are in port later, you would have more time.

By the way, the Sunny Liston tour will take you to some high overlooks that are every bit as beautiful as the view from Paradise Point, so if you don't do the tram, you still won't have lost the views and the photo ops.

It says we arrive at 7am and leave at 5pm. Sunny's Tour will pick up at 9, 10 or 11 am and drops you back off between 4 and 430. Now that I am thinking about it, maybe his tour drops you off too late. I could also opt to not go to the beach, and get brought back to the boat around 230 and head over to Paradise Point. But then I would miss out on the beach. Guess I will just have to scarifice something even though I don't want to!

The tram opens at 9am. So you could go up first thing at 9, have a little less than an hour and be back down for Sunny's Tour pick up at 10am. The tram ride takes 7 minutes and the tram office is just accross the street from Havensight. If you don't think that is enough time then yes you would have to cut out something... have less or no shopping time in Charlotte Amalie on the Sunny tour by taking the 11am pick up for example.

--Islander

I think an hour would be enough time to at least go up and look around. I didn't realize it was so close and such a short ride up. Is Paradise Point worth the trip up there, or would I not really be missing out if I skipped it? I appreciate your help!!

JackieD223 - check out their website, it has description and photos; so that will give you a good idea of what to expect. The view is beautiful - you can see the ships and downtown. Check out the website and you can see if it looks like something you want to do and see.

--Islander

Thank you SOOO much for your insight! I looked at their website (not sure why I never thought of that before) and it looked nice.

I've finally decided that we are booking Paradise Point (it's cheaper booking through Carnival rather than getting the tickets on our own) and then we will do some shopping on our own and head over to Sapphire Beach. I heard that beach has parasailing and jet skis to rent. This way we can do everything on our own schedule.

Thanks again! :)

Sounds like a plan, have a great time. Yes you can do parasailing and jet skis at Sapphire. The jet skis are always there, by the marina. The parasailing boats pick up at the marina but you have to book it for them to come - they aren't always there waiting around. So if this is something you really really want to do you might book the parasailing in advance. If you don't want to prebook it then as soon as you get to Sapphire you can ask about parasailing at the watersports booth and see if you can get it booked within the timeframe you will be at the beach. Here are the folks that do the parasailing: http://www.viwatersports.com/.

--Islander

Help! My kids just want to explore St. Thomas on our own.

Can you tell me how far it is to get to the tram &/or shopping if Oasis docks at Crown Bay?

Do we need to reserve jet skis ahead of time at Sapphire Beach? Are they $60/1/2 hr like most places?

How much is it to buy tickets at the tram office? It's $19pp through Royal Caribbean.

Thanks so much!

If you want to explore the island on your own you could rent a car.

Crown Bay to Havensight (where the tram starts) is about 3 miles. There are shops in Crown Bay, if you want lots of shops you can go downtown. Downtown is in between Crown Bay and Havensight... about 1.7 miles from Crown Bay.

You don't have to book ahead for jet skis. If you wanted to also do parasailing then its a good idea to reserve it as the boat isn't there, but comes to Sapphire to pick up if there is a reservation. The jet skis are around $55 for 1/2 hour.

Tram tickets at the office are: Adults are $21. Children 6-12 are $9.50, and kids 5 and under are free.

--Islander

Archived