Arcadia smoke tunnel

DAN 60

Drove through Southampton this morning, 1st clue was Evesway coaches about, then as I got nearer the docks ..there she was, Arcadia!! ''rear end in'' which is not usual.

Anyway back on topic, the smoking in the Rising Sun makes it an impossible place to visit for us, in the last year we have spent 44 days on Arcadia & only about 20 minutes in the Pub (end of Louis Hamilton's race last Nov.)

Not the same is it? you choose not to go to things you don't wish to, I would quite like to go in the Rising sun but can't due to the smoke & lack of efficient extraction

And I can't go into the theatre as it would pain me so to do, as it would you to go into the Rising Sun. Choice doesn't come into it, but I don't begrudge others their little pleasures and happily find something else to do:).

C.Soup

And I can't go into the theatre as it would pain me so to do, as it would you to go into the Rising Sun. Choice doesn't come into it, but I don't begrudge others their little pleasures and happily find something else to do:).

C.Soup

Of course choice comes into it, your choice of entertainment is a decision you make out of choice, being prevented from going into a venue due to poisonous smoke is not a choice it is avoiding a health hazard. Still it is banned soon.

As far as I am concerned, evening entertainment on cruise ships is a health hazard, but we'll agree to disagree;). On a ship we all inhabit a small space full of humans, that come complete with the usual array of foibles and peccadilloes, some of which will suit and some of which won't: an attitude of live and let live would seem to be a desirable thing, and one to which we should all aspire.:)

Peace and love,

C.Soupxx

As far as I am concerned, evening entertainment on cruise ships is a health hazard, but we'll agree to disagree;). On a ship we all inhabit a small space full of humans, that come complete with the usual array of foibles and peccadilloes, some of which will suit and some of which won't: an attitude of live and let live would seem to be a desirable thing, and one to which we should all aspire.:)

Peace and love,

C.Soupxx

Smoking is a health hazard, doing it indoors affects other people not just the smoker, I accept that I cannot use the Rising Sun Pub on Arcadia as smoking is allowed there, but I think it is wrong that I can't.

I also think that it is wrong that smokers do not have facilities to indulge, especially in extreme weather conditions when it would be dangerous to go outside.

I also think that it is wrong that smokers do not have facilities to indulge, especially in extreme weather conditions when it would be dangerous to go outside.

Thank you - a most welcome comment, and one with which I heartily concur:); there would then be no need for us poor old beleagured pariahs to inflict our reprehensible habit on others.

C.Soup

"Arcadia is a fine ship, with a crows nest bar, sliding roof pool, great hydropool at a charge & the aft facing cabin grades are just wonderful. Downside, no Cafe Jardin like Oceana. "

And also Aurora's Cafe Bordeaux. I always thought Oriana was my favourite ship but she lacks the extra eaterie as well. I like Oceana and Aurora as you've got more choice.

When does the smoking ban come into action on Arcadia? I won't book on her until that happens.

I like to go back to my cabin wearing smoke free clothes !

Caryl

Sadly yes, they probably would!!

No, I,m quite sure they would. Remember when there used to be a smoking carriage on the train. It disappeared because some people ( and I use that term loosely) did,nt like it even though they did,nt have to sit in it.:rolleyes:

When does the smoking ban come into action on Arcadia? I won't book on her until that happens.

I like to go back to my cabin wearing smoke free clothes !

Caryl

The P&O website says that it's from cruise J003, starting on 9 May 2010. For the other ships the dates are:

Aurora: R002X, 19 April;

Azura: A002, 12 April; and

Oriana: X004, 11 April.

Oceana, Artemis & Ventura are already smoke-free internally.

No, I,m quite sure they would. Remember when there used to be a smoking carriage on the train. It disappeared because some people ( and I use that term loosely) did,nt like it even though they did,nt have to sit in it.:rolleyes:

Putting to one side that maintenance staff and others have to work in your filth the cleaning costs are far greater for smoking vehicles.

Archived