carnival.com tricks (sale/obc!)

Coco83

I was watching the Today show yesterday morning, and they suggested clearing + turning off your cookies before cruise shopping online in order to get the lowest prices. Ok so, I followed their advice but unfortunately my sail date of 1/3/10 on the Glory for an aft wrap balcony (9C) did NOT go down as many of the other categories had. Fast forward to just a few mins ago, I went on carnival.com again but the prices still hadn't budged.

I usually browse on firefox, and something told me to try IE. Much better prices but still nothing for 9Cs. Out of curiosity I clicked on the suites (OS because now they are going for only a few bucks more than I paid back in May :mad:), and then it finally showed up!!! $1049 -> 899. I originally paid $1019 so that will be $240 total obc for my hubby & I. I thought maybe there was something I missed, so I tried the whole scenario over even after clearing my cookies yet again, but firefox still says $1049 and IE is $899, and 9Cs did not show up until I went to suites then clicked back to categories. To summarize, perhaps turning off your cookies isn't enough afterall. I strongly recommend you use my method if you haven't seen your prices go down during this really, really good sale.

P.S. There are still 3 left at that price if anyone is interested...

I was watching the Today show yesterday morning, and they suggested clearing + turning off your cookies before cruise shopping online in order to get the lowest prices. Ok so, I followed their advice but unfortunately my sail date of 1/3/10 on the Glory for an aft wrap balcony (9C) did NOT go down as many of the other categories had. Fast forward to just a few mins ago, I went on carnival.com again but the prices still hadn't budged.

I usually browse on firefox, and something told me to try IE. Much better prices but still nothing for 9Cs. Out of curiosity I clicked on the suites (OS because now they are going for only a few bucks more than I paid back in May :mad:), and then it finally showed up!!! $1049 -> 899. I originally paid $1019 so that will be $240 total obc for my hubby & I. I thought maybe there was something I missed, so I tried the whole scenario over even after clearing my cookies yet again, but firefox still says $1049 and IE is $899, and 9Cs did not show up until I went to suites then clicked back to categories. To summarize, perhaps turning off your cookies isn't enough afterall. I strongly recommend you use my method if you haven't seen your prices go down during this really, really good sale.

P.S. There are still 3 left at that price if anyone is interested...

Another Method: Log-in to Carnival.com with your Username and Password. Then, logout and re-visit carnival.com.

There should be no recognition (your name or Past guest Number) across the top border. You can then use the Quick Search Box on the Home page and enter the Promos that you're eligible for (Past Guest, 55+ and your state Resident) -or- the Quick Search selection on the Cruise Search page,and the current Promo rates, if currently offered for your cruise, WILL be displayed on the Rates page for the cruise you search.

Now that I'm booked for a cruise, I run this way all the time.

ken

I did not see the show that the original poster was referring to, but here is the thing on internet shopping:

Some online sites supposedly use cookies and your IP adress to know that you have logged on before and what you were looking at, then when you go back again to buy that item, you may find the price higher. I know this has happened to me on airfare before (within minutes). So, I might browse a bit at work (during lunch or course), and then buy online when I get home.

Archived