Voyager: What can be ordered from room service?

Bingo

Hi,

I just booked my parents on the Voyager of the seas for the February 5th cruise. This is Mom's 3rd or 4th cruise but Dad's first. He is looking to eat mostly at the buffets and room service most days and will venture to the dinning room probably only 2-4 nights (he IS looking forward to lobster night though). So my question is...Will he be able to order off of the dining room menu for room service for breakfast, lunch and dinner if he chooses to?

My last RCCL cruise was to Bermuda about 6-7 years ago and ate mostly in the dinning room except 1 night when we ordered room service and were able to have the food from the dinning room. I've been on about 7 cruises and will be on the Celebrity Summit this weekend (ya!) in an outside cabin. My parents on the VOS will have something I've only dreamed about, a balcony! Good way to break Dad in to cruising but of course it will probably spoil him.

Thanks,

Dan

Rumor has it that they will not include the lobster as room service.

BTW, I think that the availability of dining room food with room service is a big secret that RC does not like to advertise - I don't think its mentioned in the in-room guest book.

Just before you want to order from room service. You run down to the dining room, grab a menu and run back to your room. Don't make your wife do this...she's on vacation. When you have decided what you want, call and order. Hang the phone up and run down to the dining room to return the menu and sprint back to await your food. That's all.

When I was on RCCL a number of years ago, we called and they brought a menu up within 5 minutes. We then called room service back and about 25-30 minutes later our 5 entrees for the 2 of us arrived. We skipped the other courses and concentrated on the main courses, it was fun.

Dan

Archived