Oasis Restaurant Supplement

Cruise Babe 48

Hi Babe

Would recommend Oasis restaurant. Supplement £11.95 per person and well worth it in my opinion. If you go 1st or 2nd night the waiter will offer you book 4 nights and get the 5th free.

Don't have a copy of the menu but the dishes are to of a standard that you would find in any decent restaurant.

Wish we knew about this offer when we were on her last week we would have certainly taken it up.

Hope this helps

W

Hi Babe

Would recommend Oasis restaurant. Supplement £11.95 per person and well worth it in my opinion. If you go 1st or 2nd night the waiter will offer you book 4 nights and get the 5th free.

Don't have a copy of the menu but the dishes are to of a standard that you would find in any decent restaurant.

Wish we knew about this offer when we were on her last week we would have certainly taken it up.

Hope this helps

W

Thanks Wilma,

We looked at Oasis last time, but the food in the others was so good we didn't bother.

Cruise Babe, if no one posts any menus I'll try and get photos of some this next week for you an post them when we get back.

Berwyn

Berwyn that would be great, dining is a big part of the cruise experience as far as I am concerned and I have been wondering how well the Oasis stacks up against Balmoral's restaurant.

Personally, I am not into the buffet thing, for breakfast and lunch it is fine, but for a main evening meal it needs to be waiter service. As I said, it's a personal thing :o

I look forward to some pics of the menus and food :cool:

Jerry

Thanks Wilma,

We looked at Oasis last time, but the food in the others was so good we didn't bother.

Cruise Babe, if no one posts any menus I'll try and get photos of some this next week for you an post them when we get back.

Berwyn

Berwyn that would be great, dining is a big part of the cruise experience as far as I am concerned and I have been wondering how well the Oasis stacks up against Balmoral's restaurant.

Personally, I am not into the buffet thing, for breakfast and lunch it is fine, but for a main evening meal it needs to be waiter service. As I said, it's a personal thing :o

I look forward to some pics of the menus and food :cool:

Jerry

Hi Jerry, from the reports I've read on here and in reviews everyone has enjoyed it in there. Some people ate in there for the whole week.

I'll tell you one thing though re the food. We were on Royal Caribbean's Legend of the seas in June and much preferred the food on the Escape to her.

Berwyn

Thanks for the info Berwyn. We will be back on the Balmoral this weekend for the Xmas markets cruise, so I am really looking forward to that.

Can anyone clear up how the suppliment for the Oasis works on the IE? I understand it is £11.95 per person per sitting. but what does one get for that?

Jerry

Hi Jerry, from the reports I've read on here and in reviews everyone has enjoyed it in there. Some people ate in there for the whole week.

I'll tell you one thing though re the food. We were on Royal Caribbean's Legend of the seas in June and much preferred the food on the Escape to her.

Berwyn

Hi Jerry, just in case no one replies before you go have a look here. It's the Cruise critic ship's review. About halfway down the Dining section.

Prices might be a bit out, but the brochure says £8 to £15 p.p.

http://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/reviews/review_page2.cfm?ShipID=359#dining

Have fun in the Christmas Markets while we're off to the sun. (I hope it stays sunny).

Berwyn

Personally, I am not into the buffet thing, for breakfast and lunch it is fine, but for a main evening meal it needs to be waiter service. As I said, it's a personal thing

Nothing wrong with that ..it's a Holiday thing :p

Last year and the year before that and the year before that we had the whole 2 weeks in the Oasis restaurant and the supplement was £11.95 per person but every 5th meal was free so that brought the supplement down to about £8 per person for the whole week.

And for that price you have the whole menu 5 course al carte and if you are AI the wine was free :D

And the waiters were fantastic, we had the same waiter for the whole 2 weeks and he really looked after us, nothing was to much trouble and they will all sing happy happy birthday to you as well :p watch out for the guy on the guitar he is brilliant :eek:

That is excellent info, thanks for that ;)

The waiters on the Balmoral earlier this year had a similar thing going, with a couple on guitars and all the rest joining in to sing HBTY etc. I doubt we will have the same crew we had in August which is a great shame as they were all fantastic with everyone.

I would still like to see some sample menus if anyone can post some up after they get back within the next couple of weeks or so.

Jerry

Nothing wrong with that ..it's a Holiday thing :p

Last year and the year before that and the year before that we had the whole 2 weeks in the Oasis restaurant and the supplement was £11.95 per person but every 5th meal was free so that brought the supplement down to about £8 per person for the whole week.

And for that price you have the whole menu 5 course al carte and if you are AI the wine was free :D

And the waiters were fantastic, we had the same waiter for the whole 2 weeks and he really looked after us, nothing was to much trouble and they will all sing happy happy birthday to you as well :p watch out for the guy on the guitar he is brilliant :eek:

Archived