Princess Excursion to St John

ShipShapeinFL

• 2 weeks later...

We took the St. John tour of the island from Princess. You get on a ferry right next to the cruise ship port. From there it is a 35 to 45 minute trip. The day we went it took 45 minutes, but was fun because we kept hitting areas of rain and stormy seas. The ferry felt very safe. Do not sit near the speakers in the front of the ship. They are so loud you have to plug your ears and we are both HOH. Once you reach St. John you board an open air vehicle. You then drive around the island and there are frequent stops at view points. We did not stop at Trunk Bay,but stopped for some nice views of trunk bay. We did stop at Cinammon Bay for a short time. It is mostly a "see the island" tour. If you want to stop at some of the beaches for swimming or snorkeling I would not take this tour. It was our first time to St. John and we enjoyed it and you do see some great scenery. St. John has some of the most beautiful beaches and we will be back for a longer stay. The only thing bad about the tour was not being able to swim or snorkel!

Thank you for your feedback. It will help us decide whether to do the St John tour or the St Thomas Ultimate tour where you spend 2 hours at Maegen's Bay. How was the scenery from the ferry? I've heard people say the views from the ferry are beautiful. We would like to go to a beach and swim and snorkel, but we also really want to see St John. We have reserved both and will decide closer to cruise time. Whatever we don't get to do this time, we will have to do next time.

We went on the ferry on a day that it was stormy, but when it cleared the scenery was very nice. The trip over on the ferry went pretty quickly and we enjoyed it. Our last time in St. Thomas we went to Sapphire beach. The beach was very nice. The water was a little rough when we were there in December. I snorkeled for a only a short time because of the wave action, but my brother and husband enjoyed the snorkeling for over an hour. I think at other times the beaches on St. Thomas are calm. We just hit it on a bad day.

What ever you decide to do, you will have fun. We snorkeling on a lot of the other islands we went to, so the tour of St. John was just what we needed. I have always wanted to see the island. I would love to rent a house and stay there for a month. I guess I can always dream, right!!

I don't know what other islands you are going to, but St. Lucia had the best snorkeling and was our favorite island.

Archived