ROLL CALL Caribbean Princess Feb 28 - Mar 7

crossoverstreet

• 1 month later...
Hi everyone. My partner (spouse in Canada) and I will be on this sailing. Anyone else?

We're 44 and 39. Second cruise to the Caribbean. Last year we were on the RSVP Eurodam.

Cheers,

Peter

Yes, we'll be arriving in San Juan that afternoon and going directly to the ship. Staying in San Juan one night after the cruise before we leave for home (Boston). See you at the get-together, we hope.

Murray's friends

Hi Peter & Murray's friend,

We just booked this cruise and will be staying in San Juan one night before & one after. This is my first cruise, my partner used to work for RCCL. We are certified divers & will be SCUBA diving in Bonaire. What other excursions should we consider?

Dennis

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Dennis and Peter,

We're looking at tours not associated with the cruise line, hoping that luck will be with us as it has in the past. We've done some of the cruise-tours on these islands, so want something more individualized this time. Considering a 1/2 day with ABC Aruba Jeep tours, and will look for options that are interesting in other ports.

Mark & Elliot

(Murray's friends)

Hi Guys,

We have already booked a snorkel cruise in Aruba https://www.midushi.com/index.asp?id=60

It is actually one of the same ones that Princess offers but is $50 per person cheaper. The only rub is transportation from and back to the ship is on your own, which I read is about 15 min by bus or taxi.

We have also booked SCUBA diving in Bonaire but that's all so far. We are looking for excursions at the last 3 ports so keep us posted on what looks good!

Have you seen Titou Gorge in Dominica?

Dennis & Trenner

• 2 weeks later...

Add two more to the Friends of Dorothy list for this cruise! Michael (45) and Alexander (49) from NYC area will be onboard as well. Arriving the day of the cruise but staying on for 2-days post cruise.

If you are looking for a unique Puerto Rican excursion for a day, check out the Arecibo Observatory (telescope array) and the Cambalache Forest Reserve . They filmed a James Bond movie at the observatory.

Both of us are certified divers but are opting for snorkeling and beaches this time around. Those baggage fees are a killer!

We have previously visited Grenada and booked a private day tour. We got to see the entire Island and made it as far north as Leapers Hill, which you do not get to see on the ship excursions.

Looking forward to meeting new friends onboard.

>Michael

Hi Michael and everyone else, 3 days to go!

Well, we have scratched the snorkel trip we mentioned below from our itinerary. I thought we would save $100 and book it directly ourselves but the operator has a contract with Princess and cx’d our reservation. Figures…

We haven’t had much time to research non-Princess excursions so we will mostly be winging it.

Dennis & Trenner

Archived