Bajathree's Oasis 11/30 & 12/1 review

bajathree

When I asked them on the last night about the filming..they said..the idea was that was we wouldnt notice them filming a lot of the time...though how we could miss that camera I just dont know...but I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Hey....that reminds me...ummm....have you got the other flag?

Yep...sure do....forgot all about it till I was walking out of the room that morning....didn't quite know what to do with it at 7am so I walked off the ship with it in hand....it's sitting right here safe and sound....hey, do you think the flag handler would abandon the colors;) LMK if you want me to do something with it:)

Yep...sure do....forgot all about it till I was walking out of the room that morning....didn't quite know what to do with it at 7am so I walked off the ship with it in hand....it's sitting right here safe and sound....hey, do you think the flag handler would abandon the colors;) LMK if you want me to do something with it:)

I am glad to hear the flag is in safe hands :D

If you arent coming on Allure Inaugural I will try and find someone on your Radiance cruise who is going on Allure that is willing to bring it to FLL for the Critters if that is ok with you so we can use it again for that Inaugural.

I am glad to hear the flag is in safe hands :D

If you arent coming on Allure Inaugural I will try and find someone on your Radiance cruise who is going on Allure that is willing to bring it to FLL for the Critters if that is ok with you so we can use it again for that Inaugural.

Absolutely Liz....just let me know...no worries.....if I need to I can always send it to someone;)

Today is a nice rainy day here.....so after dropping off the kids at school I am going to finally finish up this review:eek::D

Guess what??? IB wouldn't accept my daughters excuse from school. I don't know what they are going to do, she has a 3.66 gpa (not that great for IB) - I hope its a warning:confused:

Guess what??? IB wouldn't accept my daughters excuse from school. I don't know what they are going to do, she has a 3.66 gpa (not that great for IB) - I hope its a warning:confused:

Marcia.....that is why my DD wouldn't take off from school....in IB if you miss a test you are given a 0...no excuses no make-ups:eek: They don't fool around.....I guess that is why the "IB Senior Dipoloma" graduation rate is less than 20% of the initial freshman class. Last summer my DD had to sign in weekly to get summer assignments....she was totally stressing because we did a bit of traveling over the summer....I told her that was crazy and that we would contact the teacher right before school started and tell her we were abroad for the entire summer and had no internet access......they gave her 2 weeks to make up all the assignments or said she would receive 0 credit if they weren't handed in:rolleyes:there isn't even summer vacation in IB:rolleyes:

Marcia.....that is why my DD wouldn't take off from school....in IB if you miss a test you are given a 0...no excuses no make-ups:eek: They don't fool around.....I guess that is why the "IB Senior Dipoloma" graduation rate is less than 20% of the initial freshman class. Last summer my DD had to sign in weekly to get summer assignments....she was totally stressing because we did a bit of traveling over the summer....I told her that was crazy and that we would contact the teacher right before school started and tell her we were abroad for the entire summer and had no internet access......they gave her 2 weeks to make up all the assignments or said she would receive 0 credit if they weren't handed in:rolleyes:there isn't even summer vacation in IB:rolleyes:

Now I have an excuse to go on cruises without them !! she missed her 10 days for the year before we went because of her dad and they all had the flu, I guess after 10 days they told her either an immediate family death or a DRs note is the only acceptable excused absense. hopefully it will just be the bad grades and a severe warning.

Now I have an excuse to go on cruises without them !! she missed her 10 days for the year before we went because of her dad and they all had the flu, I guess after 10 days they told her either an immediate family death or a DRs note is the only acceptable excused absense. hopefully it will just be the bad grades and a severe warning.

No more kids sailing during school times for you:p

OK....The Rest Of It-

Wow....there is so much on this ship it's hard to try to sum it all up....but here we go.

Kids Area- Since I didn't have my kids or use the area all I can say is..Very impressive...wish I was a kid still:o

Pools and Sun Decks- The pools and sun decks are very neat...they tried to theme them a bit more on Oasis and for the most part I would say it works....The Beach Pool was a big hit and the hardest to find seating around....the others are just pretty much expanded themes of existing Freedom Class pools. To be honest I didn't feel that there was a lot of pool for the size of the ship....we only sailed at about 75% and the pools were busy.....I think come times like spring break they are going to be packed wall to wall during sea days. Seating was never a problem....they have loungers just about everywhere you look and deck 16 was FAR from anything close to being full.....empty loungers everywhere, so I don't see any problems here....ONLY issue I see is they are packed in very tight in some areas....especially on deck 16 and very little walk space was left.....it's may get tight walking through rows of loungers when this ship sails full capacity.

Solarium-WOW....this is an area that impresses....I seldom use the solarium but found myself here every day....also could be because I had no kids in tow this time;) This area is HUGE and gorgeous.....lots of space and plenty nice cushioned chairs and loungers. View is wonderful as it's located direct up front...LOVED this area! They even have their own buffet/restaurant but in all honesty, with it's "healthy" theme it just didn't appeal to me while on vaca....I do enough healthy when not on vaca and look to indulge during holidays....that being said the restaurant was beautiful with it's open glass doors and fountain views.

Central Park-

Absolutely gorgeous especially at night....much lusher than I had envisioned. This is an area that you just want to keep walking thru over and over again. However it does heat up pretty good during the middle of the day....start to think stadium effect ....you know....like when you hear how the field is like 10-15 hotter than actual temps.

Boardwalk- Summertime down the shore....this is exactly what comes to mind.....this is sure to be a favorite are for the kids. Lots of stuff for them going on during the daytime.... face painting, games, music....ect. In the evening the Aqua Theater takes over and once again magic happens (borrowed that from Disney...lol). Real family fun area.....GREAT GREAT ocean/wake views.

Spa and Gym- Not really my thing on vaca...so can't comment much here other than to say it didn't overly WOW me....but again that was fine with me and I think that moving this area more to inside areas was a smart thing.....leave the best real estate/views for better venues.

Promenade- I pretty much touched on this area before....great space....HUGE....much different/nicer feel than Freedom Class promenade....think shopping mall size....real fun area with all the parades and dance parties, great people watching and lots to do and see....make sure to ride the Rising Tides Bar.

Conclusion- Oasis is an engineering marvel...the size and ship itself will definitely amaze you. Many people say that Oasis is a destination to itself....well I would have to somewhat agree....I believe ports come secondary with Oasis, the ship experience in itself will overwhelm you. As far as people saying that they feel a dis-connect to the sea...well I think that is total hogwash....you would have to just be sitting inside all day not to see the many many amazing ocean views...not to mention the 750 seat amphitheater with views of ships wake.

On a ship this innovative and new you would have to expect growing pains....and yes they were defiantly present. I believe that with all the technology on this ship it's currently a definite IT nightmare right now for them. Internet was up and down like a yo yo.....most of the in-room TV/internet services weren't up and working yet or had problems...couldn't get the TV internet to work at all. Keycards were an issue at times...they actually flew one of the IT guys from the company that provided all the keycard services down from Finland to sail on the first sailing to work out issues. The newly named ROYAL phones weren't up and working...still in testing phase. I was told the GPS locater's for kids were to big to fit on children's wrists and have to be re-designed. Then there were other minor issues that I guess they didn't foresee.....like in the middle of a sea day when everyone was parting around the pool the DJ had to shut the music down for over an hour because they had a classical concert in Central Park....talk about a MAJOR mood buster:eek: And yes...AC was an issue in areas of the ship....areas of the hall were hot....especially in the hall that leads out to Central Park.

NOW....don't get me wrong....with such a new design you knew there are just things that are going to have to be worked thru and there is MUCH MUCH to many positives to let some of the issues upset....but Oasis for the short term will be a "Work In Progress".....you should know that and expect to roll a bit with the punches in the very beginning....if you feel that spending a premium to sail Oasis means ZERO problems, then you may be better to sail elsewhere right now....HOWEVER for the majority you will simple be amazed and enjoy every second you are sailing on this absolutely amazing ship.

It's hard to cover every aspect of a ship this large and innovative....there is just so much.....so if there is anything that I can help answer that wasn't covered in my review....please just fire away:)

Archived