Land Tour Recommendations

gagirl1

We will be in Barbados in February. I am looking for a fun land tour to do, but would prefer not to do one of the ship excursions. I have read mixed reviews on Glory Tours and have visited their website. Are there any other good tour companies that offer the same type of tours?

We did a great private tour in November for just the two of us. We went where we wanted to go, stopped when we wanted, and saw just what we wanted.

We had a 9 passenger air conditioned van with a young native Bajan, Willie Drayton, as our driver/guide and he knew Barbados.

The toatal charge was $25 per hour or $100 for the 4 hour tour for both of us. It was about the same price as a group tour. We were very pleased.

Our only regret was that Harrison's Cave was still closed for renovation and we could not visit it this time.

If you want to follow up the contact is Esline at draytonstransport@caribsurf.com

Tell her that Peggy and Jerry referred you.

Tell her that Peggy and Jerry referred you.

Yes, do this. Maybe it will get you that rate. I contacted them awhile ago and was quoted $175. I emailed back that I had read on CC that someone had paid $100 for the same tour. That was the end of that, so we won't be using them.

Yes, I understand rates can go up, but 75% is quite a jump.

For sunseeker 09

I have nothing to gain except to attempt to inform CCers of a great tour at a good price. I appreciate others passing on such information to me.

This is the email I got from Esline at Draytons yesterday concerning a friend that has now booked with them at the price quoted:

Thanks so very much for the referral. I am sorry I did not get a mail from your friends. However please have them email me with the dates the are arriving and I will have them book with Willie to do the tour, and any one else you refer let them mention you referred them to Willie at the same price.

Have a great holiday.

Esline.

I have no idea why she quoted at higher price. Obviously you and she had a failure to communicate (from Cool Hand Luke).

I guess their prices just went up that much. When I emailed originally asking for the price I didn't know/think to mention your names. I just told them what it was we were looking for, the date, and that there was two of us, myself and my husband.

That's why I suggested that the op absolutely mention your names to see if they do get the lower rate. It sounds like they will :)

• 2 weeks later...

After reading this thread early this month, I contacted Esline. She was very prompt in responding to my emails.

We had Willie as our driver/tour guide when we were in Barbados last week (NCL Dawn 9-day Southern Caribbean). We enjoyed the tour so much that we gave him a generous tip when he dropped us off at the port later that day. I'd highly recommend him!

We went to Bathsheba for photo-ops, then to St. John's Church. He took us to Bottom Bay where we stayed for quite a while. After Bottom Bay, I thought he was gonna take us back to the port but he asked whether we want to see the Concorde... and we did! An absolutely fantastic day was had by me, my DH and my little one!

Archived