Help! Snorkeling in Belize????

judyf

I wanted to book the Shark Ray Alley tour with Coral Breezes but they do not have any tour on the day we're in Belize. Any other tours simular to the one CB does? Either private or ship tour?

I like the part of going to the small island and spending some of the afternoon there. I also like the idea of the Belize lunch that you get with CB.

I don't want to be on a snorkeling tour that just goes out into the water and you snorkel from a boat and then back to the tenders.

Any Ideas, what we can do and enjoy our day as much as we would have with the CB tour???

Please don't suggest cave tubing even tough I would love to do it, my Mother can't and won't cave tube. We did the river/ruins tour our first time in Belize in April and loved it. I enjoyed the river part much more then the ruins part.

This will be the only port we are viisting this cruise that I can snorkel and get a little fun in the sand and sun.

Help!!!

Thanks

Guest Time2gocruzn

I finally booked thru the ship here. I couldn't find what I wanted...or a private operator that had the reviews, price and tour I wanted. We are seeing the rays in Grand Cayman so that is why I ddn't book with coral breeze. I finally booked booked the Goff's Caye snorkle trip thru the ship. Small island..really nothing there..but you can either snorkle from shore or they will take you a ways out and you can snorkle from the boat. It looks beautiful there. HATED to pay for a ship tour...but out of 4 ports this is the only one we are doing thru the ship, so I'll live, lol!!

Check www.belizecruiseexcursuions.com also..cant remember that they have exactly. But looks like a decent company.

I've been on the port board and posted this question there first with a few reply's but thought I would have more here on the Carnival site.

What have you learned about Belize rays? I was looking at thier tour. I think I remember your cc name from a post there and you weren't really happy with the island they took you to.

Anyone else? Help?

Tell me about the snorkeling tours you took in Belize with someone other then CB!

Thanks

I hate to be evasive about the issue, I just want people to be informed. The threat you should look at is the "coral breezes vs. belize rays."

I think the island they took us too was nice and the snorkeling provided the opp. to see several types of fish. But, I would not book with them based on their customer service.

We were on Carnival Elation in December and booked the Goff's Caye Snorkel through the ship. I did a review on the Belize Ports of Call page called Our Day in Belize- Goff's Caye. It was the most beautiful little island! We snorkeled off the boat and then they took us to the island for a little beach time....just wish I could have been there all day. My mother-in-law snorkeled off the beach with a group there and she had a good time. It was good snorkeling despite the fact the water was fairly rough that day. The crew of the boat were very nice and one guide in particular was especially helpful to my mother-in-law and the rest of the novice snorkelers on shore she said. We had time to go back to the ship, shower, eat and catch the tender into Belize City later for a bit of shopping.

Judy, we will be there in July on the Miracle - I have already contacted the fellow who owns Coral Breeze because the day we are there, he also does not have any tours scheduled.

He indicated that if we could get several people together that he would likely be able to take us... you may want to send him an e-mail and see if he can help you out also.... is there enough interest on your Roll Call thread???

We used Coral Breeze in 2002, on a snorkel trip - we had privately set it up with him and about 10-12 CC'ers... it was a GREAT day!

Tom

We did Goff's Caye a few years ago and loved it. We booked through Carnival, and the operators boat picked us up right at the ship (where you would normally exit for tendering). The boat was very modern and fast. It was a fun ride out to the caye.

The snorkeling was great. You could easily enter from the shore and swim out, or the boat would take you around to spots just off shore. One of my greatest snorkeling experiences ever came here - swimming within 10 feet of a six-foot long great baraccuda. What a sight!

The caye has nice clean sandy beach areas on it. The water is very clear. They also had a snack and beverage hut (ice cold sodas and beer:D ), but I wasn't to sure I wanted to try the burgers:eek: !

We were on Carnival Elation in December and booked the Goff's Caye Snorkel through the ship. I did a review on the Belize Ports of Call page called Our Day in Belize- Goff's Caye. It was the most beautiful little island! We snorkeled off the boat and then they took us to the island for a little beach time....just wish I could have been there all day. My mother-in-law snorkeled off the beach with a group there and she had a good time. It was good snorkeling despite the fact the water was fairly rough that day. The crew of the boat were very nice and one guide in particular was especially helpful to my mother-in-law and the rest of the novice snorkelers on shore she said. We had time to go back to the ship, shower, eat and catch the tender into Belize City later for a bit of shopping.

I was looking at that tour but I was hoping for someting a little longer like CB tour. This could be an option if I don't find anything else.

Thanks for posting. I did read your post on the port board.

Tom N Cheryl

This is what CB sent me just the other day.

Hi Judy,

We will not be operating the Shark Ray tour but we

will be offering another snorkel tour that is shorter

to allow time to complete on Mondays for the Grand

Princess. We hope to have this posted to our website

in the next few weeks.

I'm not sure of any other operator that is going to

Shark Ray Alley because of the time constraints.

Thank you,

Paul Shields

Coral Breeze Limited

I don't think it's an option, don't quite understand the his post but I'm ass-u-ming that the Princess ship comes inlater then the Legend and they have a tour booked with them.

I really don't want a shorter tour or I will book with CCL Goff's snorkel and save time with the tenders.

I looked at the Carnival site and they don't offer the shark ray alley tour with online booking.

I'm trying to decide now "I think" between Wet and Wild and Belize Rays. Besides the recent customer service issue on the port baord any comments on either company?

Archived