How can I "dump" my PVP?

mytwokidsmom

So maybe you can contact your PVP and "opt out" of the spam-mail--sounds like they have some kind of procedure set up for that.

I would have crapped a duck if I got an e-mail like that too a few days from my departure.

I booked this one way back in March. Normally my spam blocker grabs ads since its set to only deliver "real" mail from people in my address book. I see the regular Carnival ads and offers in my spam folder all the time. That's why I immediately feared something had gone terribly wrong. I probably should suggest he not use wording like that with booked guests!

No need to "dump" a PVP at all.

Just call the toll-free number and speak with whoever answers. Nobody is "assigned" a PVP.

Then why do they email you and call you at home and introduce themselves as "your assigned PVP"?

:confused::confused:

The PVP does work for Carnival (or whatever other cruise line and term they use). Micky Arison signs his check each week not the guest. So their interest lies in making sure CCL is happy with their production. I don;t know, but I am sure they are reviewed on number of calls taken, number of sales closed, number of calls/emails made, number of repeat sales closed, etc. The PVP (in CCL's case) is not interested in PCL, RCCL, CEL, Crystal, HAL, or any other cruise than the ones sailing under the Carnival flag. They are not trained on them, they don;t know them, and they don;t care about them.

A TA (if you find a good one) will likely know about all cruise lines. People change over the years and someone who was a Carnival client today may not be a Carnival client tomorrow. A good TA will follow you along as you grow.

Also, most of the PVP's are extensively trained on the product they are selling. Perhaps more so than a TA, but they typically do not have the experience. Most are in call centers far from any port and many have never actually seen the ship, been on board the ship, or sailed on the ship. That is not to say they are not knowledgeable with the training provided.

Sounds to me like these PVPs are much like TAs - some are good and some are bad. However, it sounds like the PVPs are somewhat more aggressive and desperate to make their quotas in order to get that check from Mickey. I'd say that if you've found a good one, keep him/her. If you have a less than stellar one, try to get moved to someone else and do so until you find one you like. Sort of like hair dressers, travel agents, or manicurists.

We use a PVP, and have for our last several cruises.

We've referred our friends to him, because frankly, I love him to death. He answers calls and emails quickly, and he answers a million questions. We tend to plan cruises with groups, and often have new cruisers with us, and I'm the designated cruise answer person.

One of the benefits to a PVP is when you ARE planning to travel with a group/family. Often, you want cabins close to one another, or balconies that adjoin, or to make sure you are at the same table for dinner. They put in all those requests, so I don't have to mess with any of it. I call him, book our cruise, tell him who else will be calling to book, and he then makes any changes I request for the entire group. It works well for me.

We had one we didn't care for. I don't remember why, hubby dealt with her for the most part, but he just didn't click with her. They WILL try to put you through with your 'regular PVP' when you call. Just politely explain you are looking for a new one, and you'll have one. :)

Archived