Promenade cabin or Balcony????

4nzic1

LOL it's the humidity...the cause for the shower and shave twice a day. :) I anticipated as much that's why I brought a $10 roll of quarters to do laundry rather than over pack....I used to just take enough clothes for two changes per day but with all the luggage rules now if the ship has a laundry room, I'd rather just take my own quarters and travel size detergent and wash on board. The reason I tried MTD (see, I learned another acronym today) is because of the friends I booked the Majesty with and because I wanted to try it out before my May cruise. I loved it...... AND because I was a single person it wasn't hard to get seated quickly. I noticed those who had large groups were given one of those restuarant pagers if a table wasn't available and told that there would be at least a 30min wait. I almost did the Supper Club but didn't want to do it alone. But I hear it's fabulous and definitely worth the $30pp. IT definitely is on my to do list with BF.

I know, I hate when ships don't have laundry rooms guests can use. But that may be a moot point now since I may be switching. ;) But if I do stick with the 4 day with friends and then hope on the 8 day I guess the first thing I'll be doing is laundry once on the ship. LOL This past cruise the laundry room was right around the corner from my cabin so that was perfect. Well, jonbgb it has been nice chatting with you today. Perhaps now that I'm booked on Carnival too you can catch me in that forum too. :) So I guess I have to start picking up cans to pay for this second cruise LOL. People at work who never go anywhere always ask how I can afford to cruise once or twice a year and state that they can't afford it. I tell them look at how they spend their non-necessities money: one smokes, I tell her at 2.5 packs (at almost $6.00 each I only know this because I was standing in the grocery store once and a guy was buying a pack...I had no idea that that was such an expensive habit) a day times 12 months is about $5,000 a year; another does Starbucks (I don't so I couldn't even tell you the name of the drink but I know it's about $5 a day) 3 times a day 5 days a week...and I bet also on weekends..again costly....but it drives home my point that we afford what we want to afford. :)

It was nice chattin with you too Hopefully you get to do the Miracle so My GF and i can meet you

If not good luck with the PHD

Then I can call you Doc:D

BTW I think we hijacked your thread:o

LOL committing a crime against myself......go figure. The more I talked about Miracle the day the more I'm thinking I will keep it. Like I said, my friends parents are going on that cruise also so they wouldn't be going alone...besides, with them taking two kids (7 and 2 by then) truly other than dinner I don't know how much BF and I would fit in the pic/how much they actually expect us to be around them and the kids being that we don't have kids. All of us have vacationed before but they always left the kids with the husband's mother. It's the wife who wants to take the kids.....the husband really wants to have a vacation with just the two of them because as he says "i love my kids but i really look forward to that one week a year when it can just be me and my wife". :) But she wants to bring the kids. :)

Archived