Rental cars in Curacao

lmmn

I have also posted on Curacao boards....not much activity. We are a group of six. We need to rent two small vehicles in Curacao, because our only other choice would be a 12 passenger van (way too big). Anyway, is it going to be easy for us to get around...and are we going to be able to find beaches for snorkeling with a good map? Is there any signage at all?

I have started a thread on the Curacao board that will answer all of the questions you have asked here. Look for "I spent a week on Curacao, ask any question's you'd like"

I have addressed everything from car rentals to shopping, snorkeling, beaches and restaurants.

Have a great time!

We spent our Honeymoon in Curacao back in the 80's. We rented a car and drove up to the north end of the island,there were some great beaches that looked like they were out of a postcard & without a person on them.We parked on the side of the road & took a small path down to the beach. I didn't bring any gear so I don't know if the snorkeling is good at that beach, as far as the roads go it seemed that once you got out of town there weren't that many so it is hard to get lost!!!

I remember we had lunch at a small place at the very northern tip of the island with great views-but I can't remember the name.

Good luck

Mike

I have been to Curacao a number of times on business. A good map should get you where you want to go. There are street signs all over the place.

Almost everyone speaks English so if you need to you can stop and ask directions. Practically all the cars on the island are standards so if you want an automatic I suggest that you rent it way in advance.

Archived