NCL Cancelled my shore excursion

crusinmama22

Just got email from NCL -- we booked the all enclusive hotel at Samana and they cancelled. I was so looking forward to going after reading the reviews. It is 2 months from today on Valentines Day.

Very disappointed.

Did they say why it was cancelled? We are going to Samana and there seems to be a limited amount of excursions that we would want to do. We are going the week before you.

Just returned from Samana. Well, maybe not "just"; we were on the Dawn adrift cruise.

We went on an NCL excursion to an island near Samana which just has beaches on it. Don't recall the name, but I do recall that is was a lovely beach island. And an inexpensive excursion, to boot. I highly recommend it.

Bill

We went on the Cayo Levantado Beach Break and it was awesome....we would do it again! You can see the hotel up on the hill when you are tendered to the beach. The beach was very clean, the chairs are free, we had a welcome drink and there is drinks and food on the island (bring dollars). I'm sure the Bahia Principe hotel is nice, but we were perfectly happy with the beautiful beach right around the corner from the hotel.:D

My family was also booked at the all-inclusive on Cayo Levantado in February. Now there is a different all-inclusive option, but it is an hour drive from the port and doesn't sound as nice as the Bahia Principe. Oh well. I'll spend the money at the ship spa instead. ;)

this is a big nothing.

Just go to Cayo Leventado. It is a really fun day. I see zero need to go to the hotel. Not even sure why they had it.

My wife and I are going on our second S. Caribbean 9 day,

and will be going to Cayo Leventado again.

You won't be disappointed. I promise.

I was about to book that excursion. Terry & Doug went and I waited for them to report back on the experience. They really loved it which is why I was going to book.

I'll find us something else to do as beaches are not what we like best. My husband is a non swimmer so has to be watched closely when in water. I like use of a pool over a beach any day, I have performed too many rescues over the years and am getting a bit old for it.

this is a big nothing.

Just go to Cayo Leventado. It is a really fun day. I see zero need to go to the hotel. Not even sure why they had it.

My wife and I are going on our second S. Caribbean 9 day,

and will be going to Cayo Leventado again.

You won't be disappointed. I promise.

I'm going to have to disagree with you here. For you it is a big nothing, but obviously for the OP it was something. For some people excursions make or break their trip and for others it doesn't matter if they do this one or that one or none at all. I will agree with you that the standard Cayo Levantado Beach Break is a good substitute if the beach isn't crowded which depends on how many ships are in port that day.

Personally I would have to say this particular excursion was the best Caribbean excursion we have ever been on out of six Caribbean cruises. I would almost put it as the best excursion we ever took, however for me the Caribbean can not compare with Alaska.

No matter who canceled this excursion, NCL or the vendor, I do feel it is a big loss for the excursion catalogue provided by NCL.

Archived