Mercury 9145: You had that cabin?

jp45atcc

We'd love to know your experience. We're near the center elevator, it appears, so we're hoping it won't be too noisy. We should have noticed this long before now, since we're heading out Jan. 23, but we didn't. I'm so looking forward to this cruise , I can't image its making too much difference.

We have not had 9145 but we have had 9080 twice - once on the Mercury and once on the former Galaxy (same layout as Mercury). Like 9145, 9080 is next to the steps by the elevator. We had no noise whatsoever from the elevator, people using the stairs, or people lingering by the elevator. Also, both of these cabins are underneath a Royal Suite. We did not have any noise from the Royal Suite either (minor exception noted below).

The only noise I heard was on the Mercury (a little over a month ago) when I did hear the scraping of someone moving the deck furniture above us several times but only when I was on the veranda and not when in the cabin. I don't know if it came from the Royal Suite veranda or from the pool (Resort) deck which was two decks above us. I thought it must be nice to have a big enough veranda to rearrange the furniture and wondered why they rearranged it so often. It didn't really bother me, but I thought I would mention it.

We also spoke with the passengers in the cabin two doors up the hall from us, which put them directly opposite the open area between the stairs and elevator and they said they were surprised that they heard no noise from the steps, elevator, or people and the cabin was quiet.

A lot of people do not like to book the cabins by the elevators, but the reports on Cruise Critic are that the cabins are quiet. We have another cabin booked right by the elevator on Mercury for February.

Kathy

Archived