Ventura restricted view

Francisdrake

I have booked my first ever cruise going New Years Eve 2010 on Ventura.

However the outside cabin i have booked says restricted view, was just wondering if anyone had experiences with restricted views on it. It is cabin E219 on the off chance anyone has stayed there previously.

Any information would be much appreciated, thanks.

You should have some view as you are between the lifeboats. We have stayed in cabin number E403 and had no restriction what so ever.

If you look at the deck plan on page 187 of the 2009 brochure you will see that your cabin window is not alongside the lifeboat.

Have a great cruise.

Hi,

Sounds like you are on the same cruise as me. We fly to New Orleans on Dec 31st 2010.

I was on the ventura January this year for 2 weeks on the E deck in a restricted view, we had 2 cabins in total. Although the cabin I was in E506 I think, has now been upgraded to partially restricted, there was nothing in the way of the view, Mum who was next door had a life boat, but natural light still poured in the windows, and she could still see around the life boat. If you look on youtube and type in the search box Ventura cabin E508, someone has actually filmed and posted one of the cabins.

Restricted view cabins are really good value for money, I tend to feel claustrophobic and can not be in an interior cabin, and having a little one, we tend to have spend more time in the cabin than people with no children for example.

Anyhow - we enjoyed our Ventura adventure so much this year, we booked for next year, again in a restricted - cabin E511 I think, so we are mid ship-ish.

Who knows, PO may always upgrade us to a balcony if we are lucky !

See you onboard - opnly 1 year to go lol !

Archived