BEST OPTION for 1 day pre cruise car rental

jayk59101

Hello all we will be arriving at LAX at roughly noon, was hoping to rent a car from LAX and be able to return it in SAN PEDRO. I know enterprise has a location at the Crowne Plaza. Has anyone done this and do they charge you for dropping the car in san pedro? Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry, but I am confused by your question.

Enterprise Car Rental's website shows a location for LAX Airport at 8734 Ballanca Ave.

The Crowne Plaza near LAX is at 5985 Century Blvd.

Are you sure Enterprise rents from the Hotel ?

Curious because we are renting a car for the day after arriving at LAX and returning it that night before checking in to the Crowne Plaza. Thought we'd have to get to the Rental lot on a Shuttle, return the car to the Lot, take a Shuttle back to the Airport, and catch a Shuttle to the Hotel.

Thanks

ENTERPRISE has a location at LAX and also in San Pedro @ the Crowne Plaza. I am not sure how much extra they charge to drop off at another location. I have been told it can be between $25 and $40.

ON our vacation we are arriving 2-11 and planning on a car from LAX and dropping it off the next day @ our hotel the Crowne Plaza.

Patti

If you do a search, maybe you can find threads that mention the location of the Enterprise office at the San Pedro Crowne Plaza. Someone posted photos of that one.

You might want to do a price comparison of renting at the LAX location/returning it to San Pedro vs getting to the hotel and picking it up/returning it there. With the second you will have to pay for your transportation to the hotel, but on the other hand, you won't have the drop-off fee as well as the higher rental (usually airport rentals tend to cost more than in-city rentals).

Another thing to consider is if you really want a rental car for just a day.

I just returned from a cruise on the Mariner of the Seas. I rented from Enterprise at LAX the day before and dropped off the car at the San Pedro. I paid a $40 drop-off fee. Total cost was $96 for a Nissan Maxima. They provided a free shuttle to the ship. We dropped off our luggage at the pier prior to dropping off the car so we only had to deal with our carry-on luggage. The Enterprise people at the drop-off were fun to deal with and were processing car returns in the parking lot. Just be sure to return it before noon when I think thay close for the day.

Sorry, but I am confused by your question.

Enterprise Car Rental's website shows a location for LAX Airport at 8734 Ballanca Ave.

The Crowne Plaza near LAX is at 5985 Century Blvd.

Are you sure Enterprise rents from the Hotel ?

SORRY :o Please disregard my Question. I thought the OP was referring to the Crowne Plaza near LAX ; not the one in San Pedro.

You answered my questions, I was looking to see what the "drop fee" was for renting from LAX and returning to SP.. i guess i will just forego the first day of sightseeing with a car anyways and just concentrate our one day pre cruise in the long beach area doing the aquarium and queen mary maybe just relax and get in vacation mode.

Archived