Freedom Room Info

CRUISERELAXER

I am considering a cruise on Freedom in a mini-suite JS 9205 or 9206. They are the only rooms available in the "early saver" category. Does anyone have any info on these rooms? They are on Lido, which is busy, but seem to be all the way up toward the bow and seem to have rooms above and below them rather than public areas. Any input will be appreciated. Thanks folks.

I am considering a cruise on Freedom in a mini-suite JS 9205 or 9206. They are the only rooms available in the "early saver" category. Does anyone have any info on these rooms? They are on Lido, which is busy, but seem to be all the way up toward the bow and seem to have rooms above and below them rather than public areas. Any input will be appreciated. Thanks folks.

I had originally booked 9205 and read some reviews that had me concerned enought that I changed cabins. First the room is HUGE but the balcony is just a standard size balcony - about 1/2 the size of a suite balcony and the view is blocked and is extremely windy on the balcony. You can only see behind you as the front view is blocked by the Bridge. There are 2 windows in these cabins that open up to a public deck so people can see directly into your cabin if you have the curtains open. People try to open your door thinking it is the door that leads to the public deck. It sounds like not a lot of people know about this public deck so it is not used tons but late at night is when people go up there and you can hear the door slamming and people come and go. If you do a search on Freedom 9205 you should find some old posts with pictures of the cabin.

Check out the deck plans on the CCL site for the Freedom.( My question is this; Do you want a cabin with extra space, or a bigger balcony?) You can get a general idea of the balcony space here. Just one more tip, cabins 8457 and 8450 have balconies that are not only deeper, but 1/3 wider than all of the other cabins, not counting the aft wraps. The deck plan doesn't show this.

We have one of these cabins booked for next April, and if CCL were to offer an "upgrade" to a suite, I would turn them down, just because of the size of the balcony. But, that's my opinion, of course!;)

Archived