SNOW! in the Northeast Tomorrow! BLIZZARD!

MrPete

Anyone flying to a Carnival ship? AT least no one will be flying in to catch one up here in NY. But some that are returning....... :eek:

The island is supposed to get hit really hard... i don't look forward to going to the supermarket tonight... :rolleyes:

Hey golf43, we are in Pinehurst and had sleet this morning :eek:, suns out now but still cold (40)! Hate this cold weather, as someone that grew up in Syracuse, NY I cannot stand anything below 50 degrees. I think we will get mostly rain out of this weather system but the people here have gone crazy in the stores today and the schools closed early. We have been here 3 years and usually its January that we get this kind of cold (30 and 40's). Please keep the snow on the west side of the state! :D

Hey, golf43, I am scheduled for a stop in Charlotte en route to Tampa tonight around 10. Am I going to get stranded? I'm petrified I'll get screwed and the Inspiration will leave without me tomorrow!

Just watching out the window----think you need a Plan B. Are you coming from Louisville? If so I think you might want to take I-75 down to Tampa.Atlanta supposedly has all rain right now.The SC/NC mountains have blizzard like conditions.I wish you a safe journey.

Blizzard? Where'd you see that? There are all sorts of warnings of heavy snowfall of a foot or more, but I haven't seen anything about any blizzard being associated with this storm. The National Weather Service doesn't seem to have any blizzard watches out.
Currently, there is a blizzard watch for most of Long Island, NY...

http://www.erh.noaa.gov/er/okx/

Mr.Pete, as we say down here in TN. BLESS YOUR HEART, if you live in the Blizzard Zone and have to drive or fly out of there this weekend,or even the coming week! Theyve mentioned a CHANCE here ,and I made DH rush out for T.P. lol. Ive got stuff in the fridge,and milk and bread....

Here's my take on winter weather,from my southern view point....Hope yall laugh...and Mr.Pete,not to hijack,but I wanted to share this link..

On a serious note, if youre travelling TOWARDS your cruise be very safe! I cant drive in winter stuff, so please be careful...;):D:)

http://adayinthelifeindixieland.blogspot.com/2008/12/winter-storm-tips.html

Blizzard? Where'd you see that? There are all sorts of warnings of heavy snowfall of a foot or more, but I haven't seen anything about any blizzard being associated with this storm. The National Weather Service doesn't seem to have any blizzard watches out.

There is a possibility of this storm producing Blizzard Conditions depending on how it tracks up the coast. I know they were discussing it on the NYC news this morning. (5 AM, Channel 2)

Just watching out the window----think you need a Plan B. Are you coming from Louisville? If so I think you might want to take I-75 down to Tampa.Atlanta supposedly has all rain right now.The SC/NC mountains have blizzard like conditions.I wish you a safe journey.

I live about 30 miles east of Atlanta and right now we have all rain......the only snow they're talking about is in the northeast corner of the state.

But it's COLD (36 or so), raining and the winds are howling!!! BRRRRR!!!!!

Shhhh, Pete. You're activating my native Philadelphian instinct to go stock up on gallons of milk and loaves of bread. Time to hunker down and watch the SEPTA bus try to get up the hill on City Line Avenue in front of Channel 6's studio.

As a current resident of the Philly area (South Jersey), I'm also looking forward to the insanity around here.... Philly TV weather folks standing outside during the height of the storm talking about how "it's really coming down"...and sticking a ruler into the snow to show how much has fallen.

Pictures from Route 70 through Cherry Hill with cars zipping along at 45 MPH and slamming into one another... Whoo-hoo, what fun.

The way some folks react to snow around here, you'd think they were going to be snowed in for weeks - totally unable to get to a grocery store and afraid they'll starve!!!!

I'll watch it all from the comfort of my 10th floor apt while somebody else clears the parking lot and clears the cars of snow.

.......with a cup of hot cocoa in my hand....maybe a nice little shot of rum in it......

Currently, "they" are predicting either 1"-3", 3"-6" or 6"-12"...guess you can take your pick.....:D

I hope it really happens. I love a snowy weekend on the UWS. I live across the street from Fairway and Beacon Wines - I'm all set!

Lived on the UWS 30 years ago, very familiar with Fairway and Beacon, now in Midtown East with D'agostino and Blockbuster right out our door.:)

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let It Snow!;)

Shhhh, Pete. You're activating my native Philadelphian instinct to go stock up on gallons of milk and loaves of bread. Time to hunker down and watch the SEPTA bus try to get up the hill on City Line Avenue in front of Channel 6's studio.

Yeah i know what ya mean. I live in North Wilmington and boy the crazies thinking they can drive in the snow. I also get a kick out of the grocery store shoppers when they hear the word snow, what did you all of a sudden run out of food? And we are talking $200-300 orders because of the snow.(use to work for Superfresh).

But i say LET IT SNOW LET IT SNOW!!!!!!! We are overdue for a big noreaster here and this is just a taste coming,

Michele

It's like c'mon people.. don't you have any food in the house! They shop like they are expecting another Y2K.. oh yea... that never happened.. I know people who still have stockpiles from that conspiracy lol~

Unfortunately.. I don't have any food in the house and have to go HA -so the jokes on me:p

We live in the foothills of NC and it has been snowing since 8 am this morning. We rarely have snow off the mountain and usually it melts pretty fast since the ground is warm. This one is different. We have at least 5 inches of snow and it is still snowing. It is the wet heavy snow.

[quote name='dznymom']The forecast for us is either under an inch or over a foot :eek:

I had to pick up groceries because the college boys and all their friends arrived and consumed everything I bought Wednesday. The supermarket was a madhouse but lucky for me they were doing a wine tasting :p[/quote]

I live in NH too, just checked the Manchester tv station and it doesn't look like they are predicting too much as of right now.

Wine tasting in a super-market, I want to shop where you do!

I always kind of chuckle when I read about snow and storms south of the border (Canada) I live in Northwestern Ontario and most of it is a walk in the park. I remember one year the week before our cruise we had snow banks over our heads and minus 35. Not a snow day called or businesses shut down but then this is what the normal winter is like here. I totally understand concerns though when this is a 1 in 10 or 20 year occurence - it is all what you grow up with. Right now we are way above average for temps and way below average for snow fall - do you think we are happy - not! Because with no snow our pipes freeze, people drive like it is July etc. We always fly out the day before or even 2 days because we can get caught big time. How everyone who is on their way to a cruise makes it and the weather holds off for you.

Archived