SNOW! in the Northeast Tomorrow! BLIZZARD!

MrPete

Last night I posted and said I was chuckling that everything comes to a stand still when it snows down there - being from Northwestern Ontario we are use to this. Please accept my apologies on being flipant - you are being hit majorly and some may not make their cruises which is not a laughing matter. I think when this is our normal fare most winters I did not put myself in your shoes. We probably have more snow plows for 120,000 people than a most of your major cities have - they have it down to a fine art here. Can't remember last snow day we had here and I think it was due to an icestorm and not snow. All the best to you and I do pray that things get better for you.

Well, tried to get out of RI today, but only flights on Southwest were to Baltimore and those were cancelled. Orignal flight was for 6:30 AM tomorrow, but know that won't happen as that will be the height of the snow here. Called Southwest last night and they booked us on a flight to Philly leaving RI at 2:40 PM tomorrow afternoon. Supposed to change in Philly and get to Jacksonville at 9:30 PM Sunday night. Don't know if we'll get out of RI or not. Next possible flight that could still get us to Jacksonville is Monday morning at 6:30, getting to Jax at 11:00AM. That was the original flight I booked and then changed to go in a day early.....

Southwest was great, no extra charge for changing the flight, even though it was more $$$.

So, I sit here waiting for the snow to start and hope we get out. We did take the insurance, so at least we have that.

For those not cruising, enjoy the snow:)

Looks really interesting as to how this ongoing blizzard will affect ALL cruise departures tomorrow.Especially since most cruises end/depart on Sundays !

Not just Baltimore...which could be tough....snow there (and here in NJ) not due to end until sometime TOMORROW ! We have a foot now, with yet another foot possible.

But what about all the cruises in Florida ? Right now there are a gazillion flight cancellations/long delays all over, regardless of destination.

Insurance may count this time !

[quote name='Jerseyboy1']Still snowin' and blowin' in southern New Jersey.....the people "in the know?" are predicting between 12 and 18 inches. I had spoken to my wife several months ago about taking the Pride out of Baltimore on the 20th. She's now saying what a "stupid idea that was and how glad she is that I didn't book it". The biggest problem with this storm for me is that now I am stuck in the house with her...LOL...:eek:[/quote]

:D lol

[quote name='Heirloom']Looks really interesting as to how this ongoing blizzard will affect ALL cruise departures tomorrow.Especially since most cruises end/depart on Sundays !

Not just Baltimore...which could be tough....snow there (and here in NJ) not due to end until sometime TOMORROW ! We have a foot now, with yet another foot possible.

But what about all the cruises in Florida ? Right now there are a gazillion flight cancellations/long delays all over, regardless of destination.

Insurance may count this time ![/quote]

Just a warning.

Our insurance covered all expenses for us getting to the ship, but not the cruise itself.

All we kept getting told was to due whatever it took to get to the ship.

Good Afternooner Cruisers

Look at what we have LoL
We're about 15 miles south of Philly
[IMG]http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u301/elkranger/tomdeck.jpg[/IMG]

I'm Soooooooooo Ready for the Dream and Warmer Weather
[IMG]http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u301/elkranger/mh-wedgies.jpg[/IMG]
Stay Safe & Warm
Tom

We are Pride cruisers and happy to report we're checked into a Baltimore hotel for the night. Being from Northern Virginia, we hadn't anticipated driving the hour to the port until tomorrow, but didn't want to leave it to chance given the weather so decided getting here today would be prudent. Additinally, our son and family would be driving down from Central New Jersey. Roads were pretty lousy, but from both direcrtions on I-95, we're all here and accounted for. We have met others at the hotel who came ahead of time for the same reason. Looking forward to tomorrow, but feeling badly as have to assume there will be many who can't get to the ship.
Nan

[quote=Pirate's Cutie;22374371]We're on the South shore beaches of Long Island and it just started 10 minutes ago. Moderate flakes, moderate speed so far, not light here (we're West of you). I saw the grocery stores this morning:eek: We're well stocked but I was waiting for one of my kids at the dentist and there was a supermarket right next door so I wandered in to kill time. Went across the street to a liquor store instead:D If you're going to be snowed in soon, its nicer with a bottle of rum, I figured!

I'm actually looking forward to it. We'll all be home together soon. Planning to light the fire, watch some Christmas movies and get out the Monopoly board. I'm hoping for a white Christmas:)[/quote]

Sounds good!!!

BTW love the 5 things you learned on CC!!:)

[quote name='Nunu']Mach can you please ban any poster who whines about the warmth of florida and pines for snow. Thanks.[/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5][COLOR=blue][B]Well....I can tell you what cold is! [/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5][COLOR=blue][B]It is 38°outside right now!!:D[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='conchead'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5][COLOR=blue][B]Well....I can tell you what cold is! [/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5][COLOR=blue][B]It is 38°outside right now!!:D[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]

That's warm!!
It's about 20 here -feels lower with the wind...

[quote name='trock']That's warm!!
It's about 20 here -feels lower with the wind...[/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=gray]I know..it isn't bad, [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=gray]actually this is the kind of day I love[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=gray]cool/chilly/nip in the air..whatever you prefer to call it.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=gray][B]very gray and overcast...Love it!![/B]:)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='conchead'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=gray]I know..it isn't bad, [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=gray]actually this is the kind of day I love[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=gray]cool/chilly/nip in the air..whatever you prefer to call it.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=gray][B]very gray and overcast...Love it!![/B]:)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]

I agree sounds good!
it's so cold and windy here... Now they are saying to expect black outs.. Gotta love Long Island

20 Inches of snow in Annapolis since it started coming down around 9:30 pm last night. The NWS says 4-8 inches still to come for us.:rolleyes: Better baton down the hatches NY & NE, it's coming your way! The ships sitting out on the bay are sounding one long horn blast about every minute or so which sounds kind of cool in the background - can't see them though. Now, so long as I can still make my Friday flight to MCO for the NYE Dream cruise, I don't mind all this snow, it's been a lot of fun out there today.

[quote name='The Grumpus']20 Inches of snow in Annapolis since it started coming down around 9:30 pm last night. The NWS says 4-8 inches still to come for us.:rolleyes: Better baton down the hatches NY & NE, it's coming your way! The ships sitting out on the bay are sounding one long horn blast about every minute or so which sounds kind of cool in the background - can't see them though. Now, so long as I can still make my Friday flight to MCO for the NYE Dream cruise, I don't mind all this snow, it's been a lot of fun out there today.[/quote]

Oh boy.. better get out some more rum and hot cocoa!

Archived