Millennium Class 9th Deck

FNDelta

As per the title states, is there a lot of noise on the 9th deck? I just booked a SS(#9111) for some family members on Millennium. I chose it because it was centrally located and higher up. The other choice was a 6th deck(penthouse) at towards the back of the ship. Would i have been better off with a 6th floor room?

Thanks!

Hi,

Oh, please..., are we to assume you can afford doing a Penthouse and you selected a Sky Suite instead?!?! Eeeeeeeeek! ;)

Seriously, if cost is not your factor here, go for a Penthouse.

While the Sky Suite is nice, it really is not a whole lot more spacious than a Concierge Class stateroom on Deck 9.

Here, allow me to share Penthouse photos:

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2340270420099099348rWHQZH

Click on that photo and then follow the links on that page to see several more of a Penthouse.

Here, as well, are comparison photos for a Sky Suite:

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2566141850099099348BtJBoe

Do likewise, follow the links to see more stateroom photos.

Regarding noise, you will hear some noise from the Pool/Resort Deck if you select 9111.

Whichever is chosen, have a marvelous Celebrity cruise!

Cal

I have been on Millennium Class ships 3 times and always avoid deck 9. People report that if you are below the lounge chairs in the pool area you may hear people or the crew dragging the chairs around. And cabins below the Ocean Grill Terrace in the back also hear some noise. It's not like being below a disco, but if occasional noises bother you, avoid deck nine.

Hi,

We have been in Deck 9 CC staterooms — forward of the pool area (under the Aqua Spa), and under the Ocean Cafe, many times. Our next booking will be in 9140. We find those areas to be pleasantly quiet. As the above poster states, the far aft area, under the Ocean Grill bar/terrace area can be noisy.

CM

Hi,

Oh, please..., are we to assume you can afford doing a Penthouse and you selected a Sky Suite instead?!?! Eeeeeeeeek! ;)

Seriously, if cost is not your factor here, go for a Penthouse.

While the Sky Suite is nice, it really is not a whole lot more spacious than a Concierge Class stateroom on Deck 9.

Here, allow me to share Penthouse photos:

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2340270420099099348rWHQZH

Click on that photo and then follow the links on that page to see several more of a Penthouse.

Here, as well, are comparison photos for a Sky Suite:

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2566141850099099348BtJBoe

Do likewise, follow the links to see more stateroom photos.

Regarding noise, you will hear some noise from the Pool/Resort Deck if you select 9111.

Whichever is chosen, have a marvelous Celebrity cruise!

Cal

Aww sorry, forgive my error in sentence construction. What i meant to say is that the other choice was a Deck 6(or penthouse level as Celebrity calls it) SS as well. Not a Penthouse on Penthouse......boy that would be nice ; ) Sorry for the confusion.

The problem with deck 9 is the overhang from the deck above and this and the tubular supports which are attached to the side of the ship tend to block out views from the balcony cabins on this deck. I suggest you study the deck plans which makes this clearer. Go for midships deck 8 or lower where its near the stairs and lifts and easier to get around the ship

Hi,

...that explains it. ;):D I kinda wondered if that weren't the case.

The Sky Suites on Deck 6 will definitely be more peaceful. And, you still have the photo link to see what they're like. The link is for Sky Suite 6129.

CM

Yes, thank you for the photo link!, Originally, i thought i had done all the research into where i wanted each room to be. But after re-checking the layout, seeing the "overhang" everyone has pointed out, and the possible noise from the "main deck". I think i will switch the room to a 6th floor, SS.

Thanks again for all the help!

Hi,

We have been in Deck 9 CC staterooms — forward of the pool area (under the Aqua Spa), and under the Ocean Cafe, many times. Our next booking will be in 9140. We find those areas to be pleasantly quiet. As the above poster states, the far aft area, under the Ocean Grill bar/terrace area can be noisy.

CM

We had 9140 on the 11/27/09 Millie sailing and found it to be very quiet. It is the first stbd CC cabin in the aft section, astern of the aft elevators and actually under the aft section of the Ocean Grill, so little or no heavy traffic above. 9140 is also centered between two "bumpouts" and support struts so the overhard obstruction is less dominating.

M & J

As per the title states, is there a lot of noise on the 9th deck? I just booked a SS(#9111) for some family members on Millennium. I chose it because it was centrally located and higher up. The other choice was a 6th deck(penthouse) at towards the back of the ship. Would i have been better off with a 6th floor room?

Thanks!

We were just in 9145 and our friends were next door. Not a peek was heard from above. Quiet as a mouse-not even a door slamming. True the balcony has the covered overhang but that didn't bother us. Loved the cabin and it was convenient to the buffet area and the midship glass elevators.

Archived