Nine Days of DREAMin' 12/3-12 WOOOHOO!!!

floatingaway2525

Oh no honey, chill, we still have the Christmas PB party to go...no rushing...:p;)

Oh yeah.....Christmas party......That was great times....LOL....Loved playing Jingle Bells at the piano bar.....LMAO.......:eek::D:p

Floatie, It's Saturday!! You can't be working and I can't wait for the rest of this!! PLEEEEEASE.... :D;)

This is one of the BEST reviews ever! We'll be on her in three weeks! :D

Heeeheeee....I was summoned for shopping with Mama Floatie...and if you knew my Mama, you'd know why she is not to be refused:cool::p

Thank you Kristi, and I can't wait for you to see this Dream for yourself, she rocks!!!:D

Since SJ turned into a sea day...we were able to get to Grand Turk at 7am instead of 11am...and we had until 6pm here!! Grand Turk is a little-developed gem, and one of my favoritest places in the whole world...we were here in Oct 2008 on the Destiny, right after they were hit so badly by Ike....and I could not wait to get there and see how everyone was!!

The sea here is the star, and as beautiful as it is all over the islands, it's outstanding here!!

IMG_2342.jpg

IMG_2343.jpg

Look over the island and you can see the sea on the other side!!

IMG_2344.jpg

Carnival has built a tremendous Cruise Center here, crowned by the biggest Margaritaville in the Caribbean...it has some great shopping and such, but it's not where we were headed....those of us who made it up early were raring to go and we headed down the pier.....some of us slept in and would wander down later, because we all knew we were headed to the same place...

IMG_2345.jpg

IMG_2347.jpg

Our destination was Jack's Shack, a beachfront bar on the back deck of a dive shop...if you look to the left of the pier as you get off, it's past the Carnival property, where the dive boats are up by the beach, just before the pier they are rebuilding from storm damage....

IMG_2348.jpg

We headed through the shops to grab a taxi...a five minute ride...:o in deference to how much fun the party was last night:p It's a fairly easy walk up the beach on a good day, though getting back required a taxi last time, and we planned on that this time too, more on that later...:D

I'm glad we saw some Christmas decorations here, I missed them not being up yet on the Dream...

This is Vickie (lilmatcat), her sister Cairne, and one of our newest BFF's Debbie (blazers2), who we met on board this week, along with Big John and Sheryl, Eddie, Don, Glenn and Don, and many more....plus a reunion with many CC friends....what a great bunch! Debbie lives a half hour south of me!!:cool:

IMG_2352.jpg

Finally, finally, back at Jack's!! Jack's is run by Jack:p and his SO Janet, both ex-pats who ran for paradise....last time here, it was right after the storm, but their spirit is wonderful, and he was running on generators...we had the place to ourselves that time, and we told everyone we could about his place and how wonderful a day there is...and today CC ruled at Jack's....simply the best day!!

IMG_2357.jpg

IMG_2356.jpg

We found LHP and David already at the party!!

IMG_2360.jpg

IMG_2362.jpg

You can walk in the sea right off the beach and find these little guys buried in the sand with your feet...or if you're not into that, you can buy one of these for $5.

IMG_2363.jpg

Oooh Jack's looked wonderful, he's added more tables, he's still grilling outside some yummy burgers and chicken, and there are loungers free....plus the dive shop is there so you can go out on a dive/snorkel, or rent a jet ski....

Or...you can hang out and drink Pink Flamingos, my personal favorite...:p

Pretty soon more of the gang was arriving, great music, lots of laughs, and beaut of a day to be there!!!

Here comes Jeffie....

IMG_2376.jpg

IMG_2383.jpg

IMG_2371.jpg

IMG_2372.jpg

IMG_2387.jpg

This is Topher, Jack and Janet's doggie, who was a puppy when we were here last, and he's still fascinated with the sandcrabs...and still carries his own leash around in his mouth, LMAO!!

IMG_2391.jpg

IMG_2392.jpg

We watched some fresh kids showing off:p

IMG_2396.jpg

And then we got motivated to get in the water...

IMG_2400.jpg

Here's Jack saying hi to Freddy:cool:

IMG_2402.jpg

And here's Janet, who makes one yummo Pink Flamingo!!!

IMG_2373.jpg

If you go in the Dive Shop (where the restrooms are, so you will:p) check out Jack's t-shirts, they have awesome ones for $20 or $25, and you get a free drink with it...I bought three:D

Drinks are $6, beers are what Jeffie? They try hard to keep prices down, and it's hard for them because they pay a lot to bring it to the island...they are way less than M'ville, in a much more "local homey" place!!!

Pretty soon Jack was herding us up because our time was growing short and he was driving us back to the ship...this was one of the BEST parts of the day, LMAO!!! I have no great pics so I am going to FB to grab Smoofie's....thank you Smoof!!!

18642_217515046161_503136161_2981145_6484580_n.jpg

This is a place, you go once, and you're at home...can't wait to get back again!!!

Here's Jack saying hi to Freddy:cool:

IMG_2402.jpg

And here's Janet, who makes one yummo Pink Flamingo!!!

IMG_2373.jpg

If you go in the Dive Shop (where the restrooms are, so you will:p) check out Jack's t-shirts, they have awesome ones for $20 or $25, and you get a free drink with it...I bought three:D

Drinks are $6, beers are what Jeffie? They try hard to keep prices down, and it's hard for them because they pay a lot to bring it to the island...they are way less than M'ville, in a much more "local homey" place!!!

Pretty soon Jack was herding us up because our time was growing short and he was driving us back to the ship...this was one of the BEST parts of the day, LMAO!!! I have no great pics so I am going to FB to grab Smoofie's....thank you Smoof!!!

18642_217515046161_503136161_2981145_6484580_n.jpg

This is a place, you go once, and you're at home...can't wait to get back again!!!

Bucket of six Corona's were $30.....

As Floatie said it is very expensive to get things to Grand Turk. Jack and I talked about this the last time we were here and the tarrifs/import tax is a killer for the businesses.....

As said though by Floatie it is much much cheaper than M-ville and it is a great place. the day we were there the Dream and the Costa Atlantica were in port. That is about 7000 passangers. Many of which were at the pier area and M-ville. Sorry, not my cup of tea...or in this case bottle of Corona.....

Well, it is snowy, snowy,snowy here today... and all the travel channel had to watch today was about cruising!! UGH... I wanna go again so badly, but until I can realize my "dream" I will have to keep coming to cruisecritic. THANKS Floatie for the great review, you seem to be a very genuine person and I am enjoying your postings greatly.

Hey Floatie,

I have been playing catch up on the boards tonight and I've thoroughly enjoyed your review and pics! :D

I can't wait until it's my turn to cruise with ya! September seems so far away right now......... :(

Maybe next Christmas I'll be singing

"Ba de ya - say do you remember Ba de ya - dancing in september Ba de ya - never was a cloudy day Ba de ya - say do you remember Ba de ya - dancing in september Ba de ya - golden dreams were shiny days"

and SMAO.

Happy New Years Lady!

What a "stud"......:D:D

I'm to sexy for my hat, to sexy for my hat, to sexy for my I'm to sexy.....:p

Yeah Baby~~~~~Even the stud muffin in the speedo lounging on the boat behind you is checking you out! LOL

I remember that song and now it is stuck in my head!

Thanks Jeffie! :) :) :)

Archived