Nine Days of DREAMin' 12/3-12 WOOOHOO!!!

floatingaway2525

So glad to have found this review tonight while winding down from all the Christmas festivities.

I'm enjoying it very much and looking forward to the rest. Love the pics and the attitudes.

Don't you find that when you are friendly with the crew that they are also friendly? I've never had a problem with any crew being ugly to me....but I normally have a big smile on my face and talk to them instead of barking orders at them....makes a big difference :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by floatingaway2525 viewpost.gif

IMG_1934.jpg

Are those blue marachas on the piano?:confused:

OMG...just catching up at work. Spit out my water all over screen--people looking at me strangely...just another opportunity to share the great time we had. Smoof you are seriously naughty--good thing Santa already came by.

Well, the fat man skipped my house again this year. Does that tell ya something? Hummmm...:rolleyes:

I've learned to fend for myself!;)

happy wall...next time!

IMG_1942.jpg

IMG_1943.jpg

Did anyone check if coolsteve's best friends were behind the curtain?

I am not even going to relay your story of that whole morning. Sometimes what happens on the ship stays on the ship.....I thought I would wet myself when you were telling me the escapades of Bonnie and Steve that AM........

Hey Floatie, lovin' your review!!!! :D

Aw Julie, love you girl!!! I hope you are able to get some rest today!

Hey gang, one of our Crazies went to the hospital yesterday for emergency surgery and is recovering now, thank God....but our Crazie Julie here drove five hours yesterday to be with her at the hospital, help with the kids, and stay the night at the hospital....God bless ya Jules!!:)

So glad to have found this review tonight while winding down from all the Christmas festivities.

I'm enjoying it very much and looking forward to the rest. Love the pics and the attitudes.

Don't you find that when you are friendly with the crew that they are also friendly? I've never had a problem with any crew being ugly to me....but I normally have a big smile on my face and talk to them instead of barking orders at them....makes a big difference :D

HI POP!!

That is exactly what happens, and why people think they can be rude and obnoxious and get treated well in return is beyond me:rolleyes: The crew immediately respond to people who appreciate what they do so hard and so well!!!

Would love to sail with you and your attitude too!!!!:)

HAHAHA mine neither!!! I knew I'd hurt myself Linda!!!:D

Haha, Vicki,Cairne,Lizard and myself saw a lady do just that!!!She sat on the hammock and fell to the floor.Her lovely husband said"I thought you wanted to lay on that,not use it as a pillow".

I,on the other hand had a very nice a.m. nap after a lovely late night.Steve and Lizard came to wake me up,said I had been drooling in public:DAh,the life at sea:)

I always love to read your posts:)You are so right about attitude,the one you bring with you is the one you recieve in kind.Merry Christmas to you and Charlie!

This is Annalisa, wearing the hat Jeffie gave her and as pleased as punch with it! We all wanted to pack her up and take her home, what a doll!

IMG_2036.jpg?t=1261885872

Such a simple thing....All she said when we got there is "I like your hat".......What a smile when I said come here and put in on her head.....Made my Christmas....

I also want to hire her as a salesperson.....

Then it was gone, back in the sea we go!

IMG_2043.jpg

Was that to find the rouge flippy-flop ????? LMAO....

We had a nice long day here, but all too soon it was time to head back...

Jeff,you were great with her,and when she asked Smoof if Santa was real, well I almost cried right there.He was very real that day,for sure.

Eva,great pictures,as always. I remeber that bus ride back from Jolly Beach:eek:,more twists and turns thatn the Fire and Ice roller coasters at Universal. I especially remember you,in the front seat,turned around to take pictures,and said"hey,give me some stability ftlog"! All of a sudden....oh never mind,I guess that stays in the bus:D

We had a gorgeous sailaway from Antigua, one of the bennies of winter-time sailing is those sunsets before dinner.....

IMG_2056.jpg

Only my pics tell me that this is a night I did not get to dinner:p since next pics are arriving into Tortola, also a first-time port for me! This was an early arrival too!!!

IMG_2059.jpg

IMG_2061.jpg

We were arriving at 7am and not leaving until 6, wooooohooo!! This allowed plenty of time to charter a day sail, and go and see Jost Van Dyke!! So we gathered in our port staging area <PB> and pretty soon we were off the ship and heading for a grand adventure!!

IMG_2064.jpg

Our Bonnie found us a fabulous charter for a private day-sail, on the Kuralu....that's kuralu dot com....can't say enough how wonderful this day was, so I'll have to show yas...

Captain Gary had a taxi waiting for us, so we were looking for Murlise and when we got to the port area, there she was!!

IMG_2067.jpg

IMG_2066.jpg

She took us out of the port area and then her son drove us across island <wrong side of the road again lmao> and pretty soon we were looking at our sea chariot...just beautiful!!

IMG_2069.jpg

IMG_2070.jpg

Capt Gary took all of our shoes and put them in a basket, and we were barefoot sailors as we headed out to sea!!

We headed into a cove area and there it was, our playground paradise...

IMG_2090.jpg

IMG_2088.jpg

IMG_2087.jpg

Some of us hit the water and swam in to the beach, which wasn't far at all but with the current going in, felt like a mile...not easy to swim when you are LYAO...:p

Capt gary's first mate Ashley started to prepare a lunch which is included along with an open bar...did I mention rum punch flowing freely?

So some of us swam, some of us snorkeled, and ONE of us napped....but I won't post the evidence <you owe me bad doggie>;)

First mate Ashley, a Canadian transplant who decided to listen to Jimmy and go where it's warm:p

IMG_2091.jpg

Capt Gary's wife was at home with a new baby, but prepared the most delicous meal for us....nothing like a meal shared with peeps you love in a most amazing place, we are so blessed...

While we sailed to our next island we had quiche, salad, fresh coleslaw, cheeses and french breads, and meat trays...burp...

IMG_2094.jpg

IMG_2095.jpg

IMG_2096.jpg

IMG_2098.jpg

Today I learned about putting nutmeg in rum punch, yummo and who knew?? Delicious!

Just wanted to add.about the Kuralu, Gary is very easy to deal wth,covers all details for you.Price was reasonable,but who could put a price on a day like this one?If you are ever in Tortola,this is the way to see it.But..he is on local time and we were on ship time,an hours difference,so Murlice had to wait on us.Other than that,it was an exceptional day.

Since we had a private sail, we got to choose where we wanted to go, and we wanted to go to Jost Van Dyke, and the Soggy Dollar Bar..soggydollar dot com....thank you Jeffie:)

We knew we wanted to go there before we sailed, but before we found Kuralu, it was looking at taking an island ferry with an iffy schedule to a remote island and back...last ferry at 2PM...usually:eek: it wasn't happening until we found Kuralu...

It was SO worth the trip...while we were chowing down, our cat was heading to another amazing place...

IMG_2099.jpg

IMG_2102.jpg

IMG_2103.jpg

So once we anchored, it was not far from shore at all, and Capt Gary said, go ahead, he'll come get us when it's time to head back....and Mama Linda says...you mean get in the water??!?...lmao...

IMG_2105.jpg

When I considered managing to walk in the water with my camera and my purse, I agreed with Mama Linda, so some of us were dingy'd over by Capt Gary, about a 20 foot ride, ROFLMAO!!!!

But finally, we were all on the beach one way or another:p and heading to our destination...

IMG_2108.jpg

IMG_2109.jpg

IMG_2110.jpg

IMG_2111.jpg

IMG_2116.jpg

Soggy Dollar is home of the Painkiller, a signature concoction of dark rum, creme of coconut, pineapple, and OJ...topped with grenadian nutmeg...They won't tell you the proportions but I am experimenting so stand by for updates....:p it was delish!!!

All too soon, Capt Gary was herding some happy campers back to the dinghy...

IMG_2119.jpg

IMG_2121.jpg

IMG_2122.jpg

Pretty soon we recognized the entrance point to the harbor...a little shack commune on four levels up the cliffs that you can lease for about $17000 a week....

IMG_2128.jpg

Archived