Belize Cave Tubing

jean1221

I just want to say that if you are hesitant to book with Cave-Tubing.com don't be. This was our first cruise and we were trying to find alternatives to to expensive shore excursions that the ship offered. We were a family of five traveling on a budget. This tour was the best part of the trip !!!! It was under half the cost of the ship's price and better than what the ship offered. In fact the ship's excursion was near this one and people in that tour were very disorganized and were drifting off and one person even lost a camera but one of the members from Cave-Tubing.com went back and dove under the water and retrieved the camera for the person. People from the ships tour were commenting on how they should have booked with tour group instead. The whole experience was very easy. You just send your reservation online (no credit card or payment needed). Then you get a confirmation to print, and when you get to shore Cave-Tubing.com has a person holding a sign.WARNING: After this experience it's all you will talk about the remainder of your trip. My husband talked about it for the remaining five days of our cruise. We are home now and he cant stop talking about it. If you want a lifetime memorable experience book this trip you wont be disappointed. If you have limited funds and are planning excursions, this is the one!!! Best time on the cruise. Thank you Cave-Tubing.com we will be back again and again.

We are also just back and didn't book with the ship. We used Nacho and Cynthia...based off a recommendation on this board and had a great day. (Just google Nacho- Belize) They picked us up in their van and it was just our family of 4 all day. They gave us a personal tour, we went zip lining and then cave tubing. Price also included lunch. They then took us right to a shop where my daughter could buy coffee. (she had read about how good the Belize coffee is) Nacho and Cynthia were so nice to us and we loved not being in a group....we were back to the ship in plenty of time. I will say that cave tubing was one of our least favorite activities of the cruise...just too crowded....even though we were in our own group....all the other groups are there....we saw them all...and it was a zoo. We also felt very rushed on the zip line...many in line and they rushed you through. If I had it to do over again I would use Nacho to take us to the ruins. Nacho is a real history buff and I think we would have really enjoyed that.....there is always next time! :)

I second this recommendation! We have been to Belize three times. We have used Yhony each time. This past week when we were there, I had emailed him to ask if he could set up the zip line excursion in addition to the cave tubing. He doesn't usually do this, but he did it for us since we have used him before. He drove us in his own vehicle and told us all about his country, then he had one of his crew walk us to the zipline which is right by the entrance to the path to the caves. This polite young man (who drives the buses for Yhony) waited with our 20 year old daughter who didn't want to zipline while the other five of us did the zipline. Then we switched to Ashton, who stayed with us the rest of the day. He walked with us to the caves, carrying the tubes for us. My mom waited by the river side and talked with Yhony and Richard while the rest of us went to cave tube. Ashton was very cautious with my 71 year old father and helped him and all of us on the hike and through the caves. We have always seen the other people in the caves who are floating "freestyle" and getting into dangerous situations...this is not how it is with cavetubing dot com. They take pride in giving a personalized and relaxing service in which they do all the work. Afterwards, Ashton took us by van to the new palapa restaurant where the ATV's are parked for the ATV excursion that they now run. We had a delicious complimentary lunch with stewed chicken and rice. When I say delicious, I mean outstandingly awesome food! There were restrooms here that our younger daughter changed in, and then we were on the road back to Belize City. Ashton filled us in on many interesting details and got us back to the terminal with about an hour and a half to spare. It was a very amazing day and the OP is right, you will talk about it for the rest of the cruise. In the past we have been part of the bus load of people that go cave tubing and we have talked about those experiences for years! Whether you go on the bus or with a small group, you will LOVE Yhony's company and service. From what I see on the Carnival price list I got on the ship, cave tubing with them is 99 per person and the canopy/rappelling is 100 per person. We paid 30 for the zip line and 45 for cave tubing...plus we got the personalized service and were safe the entire time...

--Susan

When I read reviews of the cave tubing expeditions, I'm always surprised when people say it was the excusion of a lifetime. It was okay--the walk to the caves was more interesting to me than the caves themselves--it is quite dark and the formations are fairly ordinary.

The only reason we went on the cave tubing excursion is because the weather was so bad that the scuba/snorkel trips didn't happen.

We're trying snorkeling again this February. But even if the weather interferes, we won't be cave tubing again.

(OTH, swimming with the dolphins in Cozumel was *definitely* an excursion of a lifetime!)

--Beth

dvweb2: I think there was one part (could have been two--can't even remember right now) where we walked through a very small section of cave, but really most of the cave exploration is done in the water.

bethohio3: I also enjoy the walk to the caves each time. Just curious, did you use cavetubing dot com? I think the reason we have done this excursion several times has a lot to do with the company. They make this excursion special and memorable. I have thought about doing the dolphin swim in Cozumel, but we always scuba dive there, so I haven't tried it...where did you do it? It is very expensive through the ships, but I know it is less expensive on your own.

Have a great day!

--Susan

This was probably our best excursion of the cruise. I cannont recommend them enough. I was a little apprehensive about using them because of worrying about getting back to port on time, but they made sure we were back in plenty of time. Keith (speedo) and Jimmie were great guides. You need to do this excursion at least once in Belize!

Archived