Curves Exercise Equipment/Routine

Qualicum

I attend Curves, an exercise program for women that is based on a cardio workout along with a number of different resistance machines. Does anyone know if I can use any of the equipment in the Legend of the Seas gym?

I also attend Curves. I think if you put the weights at or near their lowest on the machines, they would work like the Curves resistance machines. At least that is what I am going to try on the Radiance. I don't remember if they have anything like the spring boards at Curves. I guess just jogging in place or any other aerobic activity in between would suffice.

I always resolve to work out when on a cruise and am lucky if I can make it two days. Hope this time my resolve holds up.

:rolleyes:

Sea ya,

I am looking into Curves is it worth the 149.00 enrollment fee? Being a single mom, that is a little hard to swallow. I don't mind the $29 or $39 per month but the initial out lay for "enrollment" is a little hard to take.

Please let me know if it is working for you, and any opinions you have.

Single mom.....have you tried the website http://www.globalfit.com It's a site that shows you discounts available in your area at various fitness facilities based on your employeer or insurance company. I was able to join Slender Lady (the same type of facility as Curves/same cost in my area) at a discounted enrollment fee (74.99 vs. 149) and my monthly fee was also cheaper also (19.95 vs. 29.95).

Thanks to everyone. I'll take a look at the machines and hope for the best, otherwise, I'll have to find something else to do. Don't know how to use weight machines and I doubt that they have staff that are willing to provide instructions to a newbie. With regards to Curves, I love it! I have to admit that exercise just for the sake of it has never been a big thing with me. I really enjoy the circuit idea at Curves and find that I get a good work-out. I've been going for 4 weeks now full time and have lost 4 1/2 inches! The other thing I like is the flexibility - you can go at any time, which is great for me as I am a Realtor and never know when I will have some free time. It might be an idea to check out if your local Curves has any post-Christmas specials on. I just saw an ad in our local paper for 50% off the initial fee. Is it worth the money - yes, as long as you are committed to making a lifestyle change.

I am committed to the change have been on WW since end of October and lost 17 lbs. :) I would like to tone up though.

As for the gym, yes there are people in there that will help you with the machines. Tell them what you normally do and they can show you something simular.

I've been a member at Curves for 2 years and have lost 40 inches and 30+ pounds. (with the help of Weight Watchers I might add) I believe there is a special for half off the membership fee which is well worth the investment.

I try to go 3 to 4 times a week and enjoy every minute of it. Obviously it works! When we go on the Radiance next week, I'll check out the work out room, but plan to do a lot of walking. That helps a lot. Good luck!

Sounds like we all on the right path. I've been on South Beach for 6 months and have lost 30 lb. Still have about the same to go. Curves is helping to put things back where they belong. I sure feel a lot better and I am determined not to screw things up while we are on the cruise. Lots of walking, swimming, trying out the gym and pushing myself away from the table. Good luck to all of you! :)

I've been a member at Curves for 2 years and have lost 40 inches and 30+ pounds. (with the help of Weight Watchers I might add) I believe there is a special for half off the membership fee which is well worth the investment.

I try to go 3 to 4 times a week and enjoy every minute of it. Obviously it works! When we go on the Radiance next week, I'll check out the work out room, but plan to do a lot of walking. That helps a lot. Good luck!

I also do WW and go to CURVES. Let me know what you find out in the fitness area and what works for you. We will be on Brilliance in 6 weeks!

One thing - I have never seen anyone helping with the machines on a RCCL ship. They don't have many staff members and they are always teaching classes or doing the one-on-one money making sessions with someone when they are around. Maybe I just go at the wrong time!

One fun thing I attended in August on Mariner was a circuit class. It was not machines, but it was a circuit and I enjoyed it. Watch the Compass - it was held around 5:00 PM on at least 2 days during that week.

I am looking into Curves is it worth the 149.00 enrollment fee? Being a single mom, that is a little hard to swallow. I don't mind the $29 or $39 per month but the initial out lay for "enrollment" is a little hard to take.

Please let me know if it is working for you, and any opinions you have.

I think my sister got a special waiving the enrollment fee. Also, if you want to check it out, there is a coupon for a free week trial at any curves on packages of 'Blistex Silk and Shine' lip stuff. I bought mine at CVS fro $2.99. One of these days I'm gonna try curves---at least for a week. ;)

The instructor just set-up the circuit with a station for each person who came to the class. Each one was different but no machines were used. Some were aerobic with different routines on a step, for example. There were a couple with mat exercises, exercise ball routines, hand weights, etc. Not really like Curves but the group was fun and everyone seemed to enjoy it!

Just checked with my Curves manager and she told me that it is difficult for her to give me any help with the equipment etc. on the ship as every gym is different and she has no idea what they have onboard - sounds fair to me. I am sure I can find something to keep me moving. The good news is she also told me that in March, Curves will be launching a national ( Canada & US ) promotion where they will waive the enrollment fee if you bring in a bag of food for your local food bank. She didn't have the actual dates so keep an eye in your local paper or better yet, call them directly in March.

The instructor just set-up the circuit with a station for each person who came to the class. Each one was different but no machines were used. Some were aerobic with different routines on a step, for example. There were a couple with mat exercises, exercise ball routines, hand weights, etc. Not really like Curves but the group was fun and everyone seemed to enjoy it!

Thanks for the input - it sounds like it might be enough - cardio and some hand weights. Remember the stretching exercises too!!

Archived