Azura "Maiden Cruise"

Freddyboy

There isn't an 'A001' in existence, yet - and there may never be. But I think that what they're allowing for is the possibility that Azura might be delivered earlier than planned. If this happens then they might arrange a short taster cruise and call it A001. Cruise A002 will still be the official 'Maiden Cruise'.

However, you've got to wonder what that term actually means. Even if an A001 never happens, I expect that there will still be one or more short cruises before the maiden cruise. These short cruises, which won't be available to the public, would be for travel industry professionals to try out the ship. So it's almost certain that the paying passengers on A002 won't be first actual passengers that will have been on the ship.

As we have booked to go on this ship we would like a quick look & would LOVE to go to the naming, but that is "for the most travelled"....Goldies I suppose.

I don't think so, Goldies have never been invited to any naming, too many ,around 40,000 I think. Most of the people who are invited are Travel Agents and so called Celebrities who will never set foot on a cruise ship again.

... Most of the people who are invited are Travel Agents and so called Celebrities who will never set foot on a cruise ship again.

For example, I can't help wondering just how deep is Darcey Bussell's interest in ships and/or cruising....

I don't think so, Goldies have never been invited to any naming, too many ,around 40,000 I think. Most of the people who are invited are Travel Agents and so called Celebrities who will never set foot on a cruise ship again.

The letter from P&O said "invites would be sent in the new year to 5,000 of our most travelled"

Archived