Priceline - San Francisco 2-1/2* Fisherman's Wharf Hotel

CruiseNut7

Anyone have an idea of what type of accommodations I will get using 2 or 2-1/2 * rating with Priceline in San Francisco / Fisherman's Wharf?

I already have a 3* at Fisherman's Wharf (Sheraton) for pre-cruise, but was curious about where I might end up if I use the lower rating in the Fisherman's Wharf area for post-cruise.

Thanks for any input. I'm new to Priceline (have read the other sites for help) and new to California area.

Diane

According to Biddingfortravel both the Radisson and the Courtyard have come up in the past. Personally I would pay the extra $15-20 for the assurance of having either the Hyatt, Sheraton or Hilton....you can never go wrong with any of those!!

Another thought, if you are flying out of SFO the next day would be to stay at a hotel near SFO....the three stars out there typically go for $35-40 and they all have airport shuttles.

Doris,

You are such a GREAT resource.

You're probably right, go with the 3*, but we were trying to save some money so wanted to get an idea of the locations/types of accommodations for the 2* in the Fisherman's Wharf area.

Had to pay $105 (w/tax = $123) for 3* and was hoping to get a 2* for around $60 or less through Priceline.

After debarkation, we'll have all day for sightseeing thus our reason for staying near the sights rather than SFO.

Thanks again - you're the best! :)

Diane

You may want to book a cancellable reservation someplace and then try bidding on PL about 4-6 weeks prior to your trip. Typically the 3* Fishermans Wharf propertie go for about $65-70. $105 may have been due to bidding early :( . Good luck. Also think about bidding one night at the Wharf and then your last night at the airport. Most hotels will let you leave your luggage for the day and then you would have a nice room right by the airport for real cheap. :D

So glad I found this post.....

I too have been trying to bid the Fishermans Wharf area, with no luck.... I want 3* area.... So far I have bid up to $85.00 and no luck...

I am bidding for April 05... Anyone who knows, am I bidding to early?

Looking at Travelocity, the 3*'s are $125.00-$145.00, so was tempted to bid close to $100.00, but now I read that $105.00 is to high.... I am so confused.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated...

I was able to book a flight thru Jetblue, at $200. a flight. We are flying from NY to SF, so I have a few budget dollars to play with.

Archived