Awesome FOS Video

Aqua Bliss

Tracks.. Great editing. What program are you using. I just got a macbook pro and a Canon HF11 and i've been working just on Imovie09. I'm eventually going to get Final Cut Express. I saw you had a Digital SLR that you shot with? The video looked really clear so i'm guessing the new movie modes on those are great.

If you have any tips please send them my way. I have not made too many videos yet but a few that i've messed around with are on my youtube page if your interested.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Oakley2414

That was great!

I make cruise/music videos after each trip, and I think they are quite good if I do say so. :) However, I can never post them on Youtube or any other video sharing site because of their length. The best is from my European cruise on the Mediterranean, and although I'd love to share, it is almost 2 hours long. :eek:

How about cutting it so you can present it in chapters. Works for me.

Tracks.. Great editing. What program are you using. I just got a macbook pro and a Canon HF11 and i've been working just on Imovie09. I'm eventually going to get Final Cut Express. I saw you had a Digital SLR that you shot with? The video looked really clear so i'm guessing the new movie modes on those are great.

If you have any tips please send them my way. I have not made too many videos yet but a few that i've messed around with are on my youtube page if your interested.

I believe it was said he uses Final Cut Pro. This is the sub $ 1000 editing software.

Hey Oakley,

Thanks for the comments. I'm using Final Cut Pro but I started out with Sony Vegas Pro (trial version) and realized a PC was not very good for video editing especially in HD. My first camera (which I used in this video that you saw, the plane and Speed boat scene) was a Canon HG10. I bought a Mac and final cut express like you and practiced like crazy. I felt I needed more out of the editing software and then I upgraded to FCP.

Yes I have a DSLR but my HG10 shoots amazingly. The 5D is nice for that real movie look and DOF. But I will never give up my little guy.

I saw your videos on youtube and reminds me so much when I started out. There good man. You got the basic idea down. What I did...go to vimeo and watch other peoples videos and try to find ones that appeal to you and try to mimic them to get the editing down. Then you will find your own style.

If you need anything let me know. Keep up the good work.

T.

By the way the HF11 is a great camera.

Archived